• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SWE1

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Just got a SWE1 the other day and have been playing it and I enjoy it. Why is there such a hate for this game?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Fairly easy and shallow. Some have said there is too much Jar Jar in the game. It's fun, but RFM is definitely the better package.

D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I think part of it is just that it gets pretty repetitive to just keep bashing the central targets to advance the modes. Besides those, there's what, one multiball, and the darth maul battle that repeats over and over every 4 modes? It's a fun game to play in other people's collections or on location back when it was new, but I couldn't see owning one, and I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

Overall hate for Ep1 couldn't have helped either.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Williams Fan said:
Just got a SWE1 the other day and have been playing it and I enjoy it. Why is there such a hate for this game?

Short answer:

Cause it sucks great gigantic hairy balls

Long Answer:

Cause the game play is generic, tedious and boring. Every mode is exactly the same, the only thing that adds any variety to it is the video screen.

Each and every mode is played exactly the same way but sometimes with a small variation, but the entire game can be boiled down to Shoot the center.

Even the multiballs are the same thing, after locking a ball on the jar jar and watto scoop, you then, and I know this is going to come as a huge surprise, shoot the center for jackpot/Super Jackpot..... :FP:

The only time the game adds even a small bit of variety is during the darth maul battle which really can still boil down to shooting the center, but you can then add in combo shots on the ramps (OOOOO what innovation) to do more damage.

And lets not forget pushing buttons to win modes with the action buttons of the side, which really is great cause that means I can spend less time playing these craptastic modes by just pushing buttons....

Then you have a completely useless shot in the left loop, and a stupid magnet on the right hand side activated by hitting even more useless set of stand ups.

The add in a terrible theme, and over use of one of the most universally hated character in all of cinema and it's not hard to understand why this game is such a dog.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
I'm with you, Jason.. I enjoy it more than most. Jar Jar is annoying, but whatever.. the game is fun and very innovative IMO. The digital spinners, boss battles, "laser" inserts, some great interaction with the video screen.. a true meld between pinball and videogame, IMO.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Williams Fan said:
Vengeance=hater :D

Buddy, I'm sure I could flatten out an actual piece of shit, put flippers and a ball on it and you would think it's awesome :D

This is about the only way you can improve a SWEP1

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyZiWjhNt3g[/youtube]

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
For having kids the age that we have Jason, SWE1 is a fun game @ home.
The rest does not matter. (Mine has been here for a long while now)

Enjoy it.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
WARLOCK said:

Enjoy it.

+1 Scott. My kids and their friends love it, and it's the theme that draws them in and the video aspect gives them an immediate sense of accomplishment which I find can be lost on kids when playing the more traditional style of games.

D

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Menace said:
WARLOCK said:

Enjoy it.

+1 Scott. My kids and their friends love it, and it's the theme that draws them in and the video aspect gives them an immediate sense of accomplishment which I find can be lost on kids when playing the more traditional style of games.

D

+1 Doug. This game is simple and fun to walk up to and play, for kids and (tired) adults who just want a simple game with minimal thinking!
I still can't beat Menace's GC on my SWE1 though! Doug may the go-to repair guy locally in GTA, but he is a very good pinball player as well.
2nd and 3rd high score's still belong to monkeybug's eldest son, Ryan as well. After that, is it walls of Warlock high scores, but no Top 3 yet.

SWE1 can't go anywhere while my son is still young enough and enjoys it, or until I GC this machine.