• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Superchexx latest files?

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Does anyone have the latest files for the superchexx Scoreboard they can send me?

I have 2 superchexx machines. One is the NHL version currently running NHL 1.2 in the scoreboard. This runs like a champ and works great.

My other pro machine is not doing so well. The SD cards are starting to corrupt. I get staticy looking video clips. Sound files seem to be file. So I know it is the SD cards in the scoreboard causing issues. One side is worse than the other. When I opened the scoreboard one has GEN 1.3 and the other is GEN 1.4.

Just curious if anyone has taken a download of the latest version of their files they want to share? I was going to overwrite NHL 1.2 on both corrupt SD cards, but thought I would check is someone has the most recent GEN files. Thanks in advance.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
https://ICECloudDrive.quickconnect.to/d/s/tfvDD6EqdmNd5lrJUTsoxsPgQQf2JQoN/Fat0orLXCP-A1NTK5-HssjEN1HxWYM9X-nbTANBaodQo

Above is a link to the directory of where you can download the files to re-create your SDCARD.
You must first prepare your SDCARD. Due to size differences, I suggest you use a 32GB card.

Format the card Fat32 using the lowest allocation possible.
Then unpack the rar's to the SDCARD.
Do not copy the rar over, this will not work.
Do not start copying, stop, change or delete any files, then resume copying.
The files must be written one after another with no alterations.
All three cards (one in the main board and one in each display).

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Thanks! That is exactly what I needed. Downloading now, but this should do the trick.

I appreciate the instructions too. I'll order some 32GB micro SD's. I'll make a back-up set for my NHL version just in case too.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: movingpictures

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Just a couple of pro-tips for other newbies that need to do the same repair.

1) You only need one file. All 3 SD cards run the same file. My Superchexx had SD cards that were GEN 1.2, GEN 1.3 and GEN1.4. I thought each card needed to be different. They don't. Mine was bought used and Frankenstined together. Run all at GEN 1.5 or whatever you want.

2) micro SD card are very finicky in computer SD card slots. Always better to use a micr SD reader into USB.

I'm all fixed up now and glad to have things running 100%. I think after extended use the plug to the scoreclock can back out with vibration causing intermittent power that may may cause issues with the memory. Just a guess. Best to think of SD cards like VHS tapes. When you use them too much the quality gets shitty. Good to have back to its it fine form!