• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern's "THE WALKING DEAD" pinball

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
279167.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: Sterns next pin is....

It isn't being made by JJP or a boutique so likely will be out in a decent time line.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Nate Shivers on the Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast broke this two months ago. It wasn't just a shitty guess, either. He said he was 99% sure, I believe him.

Regardless, it'll be neat to see how it turns out, seeing as Uncle Gary said "NO ZOMBIES!" a while back.

maken

Jan 2, 2014
Kitchener

This theme should have potential as a pin. Are we to assume that it's a Borg? (Next up in the rotation)

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario

The Walking Dead is a huge success on our gaming floor (video slot). It's amazing to see old ladies playing it, fixated on "walker bonus" and "feeding frenzy" mulitipliers...... :?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

So I guess this kills the rumor that it'd be based on the comics? I'm a few volumes behind on those, and haven't watched the show, so no real interest in this from theme alone, but we'll see how the game looks. I think the only thing we can say for absolute certain is that the code is going to be unfinished when the game ships, and that people are going to complain about said code for at least six months :)

paul_8788

Oct 2, 2013
Calgary

I am semi-excited for this one. The theme is a great choice for me and normally I would be thinking LE, but the length of time it takes Stern to get any code updates out the door (I am looking at you STLE <shakes fist>) I might wait it out a year or so and just go for a Premium. Will know by that time if the machine is fun, they will have ironed out all the initial release bugs and hopefully have a good code update or two out the door.

On the other hand, I am weak willed when it comes to toys. If the LE looks like it has some killer features over the Premium I might not be able to help myself.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Awesome toys! Maybe we'll be seeing some MM style zombie/trolls popping out of the playfield :D

I'm pretty excited for TWD as well. I won't be rushing out to buy one mind you, but way more juiced for this than almost any other recent release from Stern.