• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Pinball Announces Relaunch of Ironman as next release!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
10458714_10152471018694244_6470899343493244518_n.jpg

Stern Pinball Opens its Vault to Reintroduce Iron Man Pinball

World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Games Announces First Stern Vault Release With Iron Man Pro

MELROSE PARK, IL – June 12, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, announced today it is opening the Stern Vault for re-release of Iron Man™ Pro. The Iron Man pinball machine features visuals, speech, music and sound effects from the Marvel blockbuster films Iron Man and Iron Man 2. After numerous requests from the pinball community, Stern is re-introducing this exceptional game.

Originally released in 2010, the Iron Man Pro model continues to bring the battle between billionaire industrialist, Tony Stark/Iron Man, and his enemies to the fingertips and flippers of pinball players. With non-stop action, Iron Man Pro Vault Edition heightens the excitement, bringing back a classic game for the players of any age and skill level.

Iron Man Pro Vault Edition features technological and manufacturing upgrades utilized by Stern in its current Pro models. Among the improvements is all LED playfield lighting. Iron Man is manufactured with Stern’s updated modern metal and wood back box with red t-molding and with a decaled cabinet and speaker housing. The Iron Monger, War Machine and Whiplash figures have been molded in one piece construction for improved strength.

“Operators tell us Iron Man is a great earning pinball game, and enthusiasts tell us it’s a great playing game. We didn’t make enough,” said Gary Stern, founder, CEO and chairman of Stern Pinball.

Look for future Stern Vault Editions.

Pricing and Availability:

Pro Version: $5,495 (MSRP)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: Stern Pinball Announces Relaunch of Ironman as next rele

Mine didn't, mine still has the original playfield supports and proper lock down bar :D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Here is part of a Letter from Gary Stern. <THE GAME EXCHANGE> just got a Bit ago. It has some more info

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Iron Man pinball earns great. We hear that over and over from operators. Enthusiasts love this game. We hear that over and over from enthusiasts. Iron Man has great game play for the casual player and for the expert.

Operators and enthusiasts alike have told us we should build more Iron Man pinball. We have listened, and we are bringing Iron Man out of our game Vault.

We have secured a short-term license renewal. We will dedicate our production line to remake Iron Man Pro game you know as a Vault Edition pinball for a few weeks, starting later this month.

Our technology and manufacturing processes have changed since we originally built Iron Man. Among the changes to our Pro games in general, and Iron Man Pro Vault Edition in particular, are:

--LED’s on the playfield throughout, including in the Iron Monger chest;

--Code light show revision to operate the LED’s and better display LED light shows;

--Cabinet decals, and the IM Vault decals will be printed on brushed aluminum enhancing the art;

--New modern metal and wood backbox, with red t-molding;

--Speaker panel decal matching the game art;

--Higher resolution backglass, enabled by new technology, which provides better detail and sharpness;

--One-piece, molded Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash action figure toys, which reduce breakage and extend life;

--Current design one piece auto launcher, which increases reliability; and

--Various fixes of code bugs reported to us.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

Vengeance said:
Mine didn't, mine still has the original playfield supports and proper lock down bar :D

and backbox latch, and original toys (I'm curious how the static repro toys are gonna look)

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

REVOLUTION said:
Here is part of a Letter from Gary Stern. <THE GAME EXCHANGE> just got a Bit ago. It has some more info

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Iron Man pinball earns great. We hear that over and over from operators. Enthusiasts love this game. We hear that over and over from enthusiasts. Iron Man has great game play for the casual player and for the expert.

Operators and enthusiasts alike have told us we should build more Iron Man pinball. We have listened, and we are bringing Iron Man out of our game Vault.

We have secured a short-term license renewal. We will dedicate our production line to remake Iron Man Pro game you know as a Vault Edition pinball for a few weeks, starting later this month.

Our technology and manufacturing processes have changed since we originally built Iron Man. Among the changes to our Pro games in general, and Iron Man Pro Vault Edition in particular, are:

--LED’s on the playfield throughout, including in the Iron Monger chest;

--Code light show revision to operate the LED’s and better display LED light shows;

--Cabinet decals, and the IM Vault decals will be printed on brushed aluminum enhancing the art;

--New modern metal and wood backbox, with red t-molding;

--Speaker panel decal matching the game art;

--Higher resolution backglass, enabled by new technology, which provides better detail and sharpness;

--One-piece, molded Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash action figure toys, which reduce breakage and extend life;

--Current design one piece auto launcher, which increases reliability; and

--Various fixes of code bugs reported to us.

Wow, thanks for that Brock! Sounds like the remake is the one to own. I would be all over this however it is bad timing for me. Between MMR and IMR I would rather have MMR and I like all my current sterns so don't want to sell them to fund an IM :(

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Vengeance said:

Yes you're right. The support rails ($50 at PBL) and "proper" lockdown bar ($100 at PBL) are way better then all that stuff that comes with the new one :lol:
It's not like you can't just spend $150 and add it to the remake ;)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

I'm curious what the metallic side-art is gonna look like, that should be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, as a current owner of the original release I'm totally not upset by this re-release (like some original MM owners are). I never had intentions to sell mine, so even if resale value goes down I don't really care. What WILL piss me off (and about 800 other people) though is if this re-release has updated code and they don't do the same for the original model.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

REVOLUTION said:
price is apparently around $4700 USD in the States. I'm betting Starburst price will be $5490.

$5490 with free delivery or they stopped that when one of their best re-sellers got out of the market?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

This makes me wonder if and when Stern will pull another game out of the "vault". For example, Tron. Do you pay up for one now, or ride it out and maybe wait for a "vault edition".

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Great idea-hopefully it bodes well for more vault releases. SM with a new comic inspired art package!

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

Luckydogg420 said:
I'd jump on a Simpsons Pinball Party Remake.

I just sent a lot of money to someone in the states to buy tspp. With my amazing luck I'd expect an announcement of a re-release within a week or two :-\.

Sent from my Nexus 4

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

I dig the speaker grill. Not seeing the "metallic" look of the side art, but that could just be the pics. Also I don't see any whips on Whiplash, which is kinda a big deal lol