• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Spray Chrome

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
I was perusing the interwebs and came across http://www.torontospraychrome.com/index.html . It looks interesting and then I saw in their gallery section a pin coin door. Does this belong to a member here? Anyone have experience with this company / product

IMG_0232.JPG

and
IMG_0263.JPG

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Very interesting. Might have to try them out for some less hard-wearing items.

Would be nice if they posted an address on their website. Wonder where they are?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I found this video on a local motorcycle forum that shows the process of spray chrome and some said this is what Toronto Spray Chrome does.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A-1cTpSZ1l8[/youtube]

I think this might be their address after doing a bit of google searching:

895 Dillingham Rd. Unit 9
Pickering, ON L1W2Y6

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
If anyone speaks to Toronto Spray Chrome, send them to this thread.. it might be better for everyone if they answered questions here, rather than them being asked the same questions a dozen times :D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
REVOLUTION said:
If anyone speaks to Toronto Spray Chrome, send them to this thread.. it might be better for everyone if they answered questions here, rather than them being asked the same questions a dozen times :D

done

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
You can do an approximation of this technique on your own IF the underlying surface is polished well enough (the techniques I have tried use a finely polished surface, then a very smooth black gloss undercoat, the spray on chrome paint and then a clear coat). I borrowed technique from model airplane chroming. It is also done on clear plastic models (but from the inside out). You can get the supplies at better RC hobby shops.

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
Spoke with Walid

His company is getting bought out and a new owner will be opening their doors within 3-4 weeks.

I'll reach out in a month to see what the deal is.

Alienagent

Nov 17, 2012
Can't remember how much it was, I'm thinking about the price of a coin door, wasn't cheap, but where else would you find purple chrome?
He did the prep work (sandblasting)

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
I got an email reply from the new owner today... :FP: Feb was long ago.

Anyways, he quoted a coin door at $175.

Here is the new info
Formerly known as Toronto Spray Chrome. Now known as Spray Chrome Toronto.
Paul Falkner
905 242 6150