• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Smokey and the Bandit Pin ~ update

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Been working on my S&B pin ( what's new ) and finally made the Herculean effort to grab a camera and snap off some pics.

The grey looking thing in the first pic is supposed to be the roof of the beer depot. You will see mismatched targets etc, but it's all still under construction.

Top left corner (pic 2 ) you may notice that I rejigged the lanes so that after the 3 drop targets are down, you can get the ball up to the top 3 lanes. It used to do a U-turn into the saucer.

In the 3rd or 4th pic, you will undoubtedly notice a large truck with a ramp leading into it sitting where a stand up target used to be. The standup ( for letter T ) is located in the truck. To the left of the truck, I have replaced the other standup target ( Letter I ) with a captive ball...the captive ball is presently missing ( oops ).

I installed a gate on the ball launch lane. Later on I will put a decal on it that says something like "bridge out" or whatever.

For the inlanes, I replaced the really long wire form with acrylic ( a la Eight Ball Deluxe ) mainly because I hated the cheap look and sound of the wire form, but it also gives me a place to put some more artwork and I have installed ( on the right side ) a couple of playfield lights underneath. The pic of Bandit laying in a hammock is just to get an idea.

I replaced the 3rd flipper with a smaller one. The regular 3" flipper was a little overkill I think. The shorter flipper also makes the game more challenging.

In the last pic you may notice something missing ( besides the sound board, that is ). Rather than refurb the nasty looking foil, I just ran ground braid from bracket to bracket and to the other metal pieces. Still have a bit more to do.

There are a few other things I have tweaked, but I can talk about those later.

Enjoy !

Attachments

• smokeybandit02.jpg
    smokeybandit02.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 289
  • smokeybandit04.jpg
    smokeybandit04.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 291
  • smokeybandit05.jpg
    smokeybandit05.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 291
  • smokeybandit06.jpg
    smokeybandit06.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 291
  • smokeybandit07.jpg
    smokeybandit07.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 291
  • smokeybandit08.jpg
    smokeybandit08.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 291
  • smokeybandit09.jpg
    smokeybandit09.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 289

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Really awesome job Glenn!

I think you have found a new calling in these rethemes, I know nothing about Smokey and the Bandit but the game looks cool none the less.

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
Very cool Glen, some of you guys amaze me with the things you can do. I loved smokey and the bandit when i was a kid.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Thanks Adam. You should really be embarrassed about not knowing Smokey and the Bandit. Although it was before your time, it is pretty much a rite of passage for white males, especially those who live in Keswick. :D I've got to get some willpower and put this thing on temporary hold so that I can get cracking on that Frontier.

Also thanks to you Scott. If no one derived any enjoyment from this type of thing, I would find it harder to keep going with them. I know it is still a fun and therapeutic activity, but a big part of the equation is that you are working towards the goal of having people being able to pull the shooter rod and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

Thanks to you also, Paul. Smokey and the Bandit...FTW !

I don't promise it will be a fun game....but I do promise that it will be more fun than Hotdoggin' ! :D

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
g-man said:
Thanks Adam. You should really be embarrassed about not knowing Smokey and the Bandit. Although it was before your time, it is pretty much a rite of passage for white males, especially those who live in Keswick. :D I've got to get some willpower and put this thing on temporary hold so that I can get cracking on that Frontier.

Also thanks to you Scott. If no one derived any enjoyment from this type of thing, I would find it harder to keep going with these lengthy projects. I know it is still a fun and therapeutic activity, but a big part of the equation is that you are working towards the goal of having people being able to pull the shooter rod and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

Thanks to you also, Paul. Smokey and the Bandit...FTW !

I don't promise it will be a fun game....but I do promise that it will be more fun than Hotdoggin' ! :D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Very cool project and I loved your previous retheme with Angry Birds. I'm really looking forward to seeing more progress and pics. What was the original game?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
g-man said:
I've got to get some willpower and put this thing on temporary hold so that I can get cracking on that Frontier.

I've been procrastinating on this as well, I need to put in a parts order so I can get the sockets to do the ground braid on the underside of the PF.

I want to get it to you before the snow hits.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Menace said:
Hotdoggin'

D

I bet you probably recognized it once you saw the pics in the first post after spending a few months shopping out one earlier this year. :lol: