• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Small Star Trek Pro Video - Now in HD

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Re: Small Star Trek Pro Video

If you make the video full screen it gets better but certainly not HD that's for sure. But people in Australia have their Pros now so there will be many more videos soon.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Menace said:
That video gave me a headache... I was expecting something high quality.

D

That will come later for the LE video

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Seeing this video just confirms my decision to get an LE. The pro has a stupid virtual ball lock where it just says "ball locked" then spits the same ball back at you. The Premiums/LE's have a real ball lock where they collect under the playfield with a clear window just like Metallica.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

quarter grabber said:
Seeing this video just confirms my decision to get an LE. The pro has a stupid virtual ball lock where it just says "ball locked" then spits the same ball back at you. The Premiums/LE's have a real ball lock where they collect under the playfield with a clear window just like Metallica.

Why does that matter? It doesn't change the game play in anyway.

Stern has released 8 LE's thus far and of those 8, only 2 are holding their value (ACDC and Tron)

Every other LE that Stern has produced has lost value and the pro is largely considered the better game, Metallica LE is already on the slide down.

IMO stop investing in the hype, I've bought 2 Stern LE's now and regret both of them, and every Stern on initial release always has issues, every single one.

Wait and see is the smart mans game IMO, if there is going to be a Premium version of the game, waiting will only work in your favor and I guarantee there will not be a shortage of games when it comes time to buy it NIB after it has gone through the paces.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

REVOLUTION said:
did the guy record that with a Blackberry or something? It's terrible!

heh

Can't wait to see more videos of this

Star Trek will be at PinWars next weekend so I'll get a good opportunity to spend some time with it there.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Vengeance said:
https://www.facebook.com/events/518828811516981/

Tournament/Mini-show outta Flint, MI, it's third year, crappy little venue but not a bad tourney and a reasonable amount of games, nothing insane but like 20 - 30 pins or so.

... yeah that's not happening. Not when the wife is about to pop.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Vengeance said:
Star Trek will be at PinWars next weekend so I'll get a good opportunity to spend some time with it there.

Good luck at PinWars and hope you have time to shoot a proper video of the new Star Trek. Also can't wait to get my Marco order and swap out all my leg levelers to these EZ glide ones.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

mwong168 said:
Good luck at PinWars and hope you have time to shoot a proper video of the new Star Trek. Also can't wait to get my Marco order and swap out all my leg levelers to these EZ glide ones.

Ok, every time I read the words "EZ glide" the last thing that comes to mind is leg levelers.. is it just me or what? :FP:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

REVOLUTION said:
Ok, every time I read the words "EZ glide" the last thing that comes to mind is leg levelers.. is it just me or what? :FP:

I usually call them Nylon leg levelers.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

the "smart money" would be to get a later run premium, if the light show is everything we hope it can be, no doubt. But how fun is that? :D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I'm holding off till all the bugs are worked out of Metallica before I make a decision on Premium/Pro

Right now all things considered as per usual the Pro seems the way to go

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Menace said:
That video gave me a headache... I was expecting something high quality.

D
Here is a nice HD video for you Menace.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWAfdQGWFQ&list=HL1379629476&feature=mh_lolz[/youtube]