• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Skit-B Sh*t Storm

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
My full purchase price was 4750. 250 deposit and another 4500 to pay in full. My bank is working on a case for me . Gave them the same info and documents.

Perhaps I'm getting double screwed then.

The receipt I have from Skitb showed a full payment of $5000

Either way I don't care at this point I'm out and I'm happy

Hopefully everyone else gets a similar resolution.

Now onto the next car crash..... magic girl, I hear those guys a really fucked.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Perhaps I'm getting double screwed then.

The receipt I have from Skitb showed a full payment of $5000

Either way I don't care at this point I'm out and I'm happy

Hopefully everyone else gets a similar resolution.

Now onto the next car crash..... magic girl, I hear those guys a really fucked.
Just one more example of how organized kevin was.
Glad you got your money back hope my bank can do the same for me.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
So this just hit the wire:

http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball2.html

While I don't think Kevin was actively trying to defraud people, it didn't change the fact that he did. Also he has to be the stupidest person to ever get into business. This statement sums up perfectly for me just what a moron Kevin must be:

"Like we figured something out, and we were doing it right and everyone else was doing it wrong for the last, like, forever."

:picard:

Yea Kevin, you found the magic loop hole that no one had ever found before, yea that is it!

:deluxe picard:

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
Just got most of my cash back through my CC charge back. the rest I paid through cheque I'm guessing is lost.

I had a hell of a time getting my CC company to do the charge back, but after constant nagging and bitching I finally got the right supervisor to do it.

Good luck to the rest still waiting

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Just checked my balance and I have also received everything except for my initital $250 deposit... and only because that PayPal transaction was funded through an exisiting balance.

That's a huge relief!!!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Glad to hear everyone else is getting their funds back!

I just checked my paypal as well, there was a case that was opened as per the chargeback and it has been closed so I think that means it is not being disputed further which is great.

Glad this can finally come to a close!

Is anyone bothering to go the criminal route? I've thought about it but I'm kinda in the camp of:

"I got my money back so now I just wanted to pretend it never happened and never think about it again"

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've sent my info to the US detective in his county that has been investigating this whole mess. Beyond that, I'm with you. As long as I get my money, I'm satisfied. No harm, no foul.

D

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
I have also been in contact with the U.S authorities, I really think this douche needs to be punished, he's a theif and a liar. If it wasn't for our CC companies all of us would be up shits creek.

I know of a few that paid by money order and or PayPal linked to their bank account.

Turning a blind eye once we get our cash back is not the right move

My 2 cents.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I have friends that were not lucky enough to have a CC company to fight back on their behalf.
My complaint with the local authorities is still on record

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Has anyone received any refunds directly from Kevin? He's insisting he's going to be issuing refunds but I have yet to hear of anyone receiving theirs...

The word on the street is that the investigators (presumably FBI?) have instructed Kevin to do nothing until their investigation is completed.

But, take that with a big grain of salt

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
This morning on pinside several people have received refund emails from skit-b. It sounds like monies are finally being sent back.

Have any of the Canadian buyers received notice of a refund? I hope this works out for people

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
I got an email around 3:30 am from paypal. They are issuing me a refund of $500.00 that was paid through my bank account.

This is great news seeing I already wrote off the outstanding balance that was not refunded through my CC

Just waiting for the last 250.00 I paid by cheque

Hope the rest of you start seeing your refunds soon

Reactions: SquidVicious

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I got a refund of $2750 US via Paypal overnight, so only missing my initial $250 deposit. The one thing that burns my ass now is Paypal is putting the refund directly back on my M/C which is fine, but it's not going back at today's interest rate and it looks like I'll be losing out on the 10+% of today's current exchange... I'm checking the details now because if the exact CDN amount of the original transaction is not the same, Paypal will be getting a call.

D

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Here is Paypal phone support....

man-playing-video-games-ignoring-phone-call.jpg

I am still waiting for my refund. Will be contacting Kevin's lawyer tomorrow.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
but it's not going back at today's interest rate and it looks like I'll be losing out on the 10+% of today's current exchange...

That would have been bonus to have gotten your refund at today's rates but I think you should just be glad you got most of your money back! I hope it works out for monkeybug and Warlock who paid by money order.

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
Back to the shit show

Received this from paypal,

The refund sent by Skit-B Pinball (kevin@skitbpinball.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Skit-B Pinball regarding this refund.

This guy is a DOUCHE!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, me too. I called Paypal Canada and according to them the refund was cacneled due to lack of funds, which is not what some other US people are being told by Paypal. (they got told Kevin manually canceled the refund)

The nice lady I spoke to on the phone @ Paypal encouraged me to contact my CC company to initiate a chargeback, which I am in the process of doing right now.

D