• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Skit-B Sh*t Storm

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
Wouldn't a simpler solution be to just rename the pin to something that does not infringe the IP of Predator. Call it Predatore or even Space Monster. Change the look of the alien a bit too and there you have it. Send out emails to everyone that if they still want in, the Pin is renamed . In the end the gameplay is the same. Excuse me while I go and play my Indianah Jonz .

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
81723750.jpg

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
And, in hindsight, the idea that a couple of regular Joe's with no experience or a real company behind them could finagle a deal with a corporation like FOX does seem incredulous.

This is not entirely true, films get made by start-up filmmakers all the time with licenses from various sources (although normally yes, there is a more experienced backer in there somewhere). And don't forget that the people running these departments are often 20-something themselves. I've licensed music and books for movies in the past and really it's just a matter of hunting down the right person, making a convincing argument, dotting all the i's, having a little cash, etc.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
What I can't seem to wrap my head around is why ANYONE would go through all the trouble to make this game from scratch and have all the custom bits and pieces made up without at the very least thinking you had the right to do so using a popular IP???

What's even crazier??? Apparently Skit-B is not a registered company at all, and it's all done off Kevin's SSN! That's even more insane than thinking you can make/sell 250 games using an IP you don't have a licenese for!
:picard:

I'm giving Kevin a pretty short leash to make good on his refund email he sent out Monday night. If I don't see something by next week, I've got everything I need in terms of documentation to file a dispute with my CC company.

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm giving Kevin a pretty short leash to make good on his refund email he sent out Monday night. If I don't see something by next week, I've got everything I need in terms of documentation to file a dispute with my CC company.

D

Just send it all in now, might as well get the ball rolling.

Your credit card company isn't going to even get to the investigation by next week would be my guess.

I started my dispute the date after the pinball news article came out, and I don't expect to hear anything from my CC company till a week or 2 from not at the earliest.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've already contacted M/C and spoke with the dispute department. They gave me exactly what documents to dig up / go after from Kevin in order to file. They have made a note on my account about this so I can call back anytime, and where I now have an email directly from Kevin giving me a refund timeline I have 100 days from that email to start a dispute, per my discussions with M/C.

Where I'd much prefer a refund directly from Kevin over the CC company (should Kevin refund me, it will be in US$ so I'll get the benefit of exchange, vs the CC company only reimbursing me the exact CDN amount charged), I've got some time to see how this plays out.

D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Honesty, just do what you can to get your money back.. Don't give a thread of good decency at this point. We've been lied to for two years. Why on Earth would anyone give this man a second chance?

I just hope his family is aware of what's going on.. I know a lot of the. Were "employees"

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I got my money back!

And no I'm not cruel enough to make this an April fool's joke (unless the joke is one me :eek:)

I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they are crediting my card the $4750 I paid for the machine.

Specially they were looking for a delivery date, I told them 31/12/2014 for the delivery date and the message from Kevin saying we should be getting a refund, along with the receipt of payment they said was enough burden of proof to issue me a refund.

Now Kevin has 45 days to dispute the charge, which obviously isn't going to happen.

So in 45 days I'm 100% in the clear.

Yea I'm out $250, but I was ok accepting that risk back then and am still ok accepting that loss now.

Just happy I got the bulk of my funds back!

Who's got something for sale??!! :D

Reactions: spiroagnew

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
Great news Adam....glad to hear you got your cash back.

What CC did you use for payment. I'm having a hell of a time dealing with Visa

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Adam, I'm guessing your CC will only credit you the CDN amount at the time of purchase and not based on the current exchange?

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Adam, I'm guessing your CC will only credit you the CDN amount at the time of purchase and not based on the current exchange?

D

My credit card is the Canadian Tire Mastercard.

But yea they are disputing the amount charged to my card not the US funds.

Honestly I don't care, I'm happy to have my cash back and yea I could have gotten more if Kevin did the refund, but really what is the chance of that actually happening? Especially with people like me going the dispute route, were getting ours before Kevin even gets a chance to issue a refund so who knows what will be left.

I'm just happy to be free and clear of this mess. Lesson learned, unless I can take home what I'm paying for the same day, I'm not paying for it.

Reactions: brad808

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
That's awesome Adam.
I filed my claim last week also. I should get on the phone tomorrow and see where it's at. I sent them the same 'proof' so, hoping for a similar result.

BTW.
Just wondering how you are out $250? I thought $4750 was the full purchase price.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
That's awesome Adam.
I filed my claim last week also. I should get on the phone tomorrow and see where it's at. I sent them the same 'proof' so, hoping for a similar result.

BTW.
Just wondering how you are out $250? I thought $4750 was the full purchase price.

$5000 was the full purchase price