• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Skit-B Sh*t Storm

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Yikes!... Well I certainly hope that those who've paid money are able to recoup all or some of it. Good luck guys!

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Just one more random internet noob with no skin in the game talking like he knows everything

The host specifically, I listened to it when it first game out, all he says is I heard from someone who I can't name that shit is bad. But my unnamed source is in the know.....

Right....

I'm more interested in what the PinballNews article will have to say since they have been dealing directly with the source for their article.

Not some friends, uncle's, cousins, sister, know's a guy who said Predator wasn't going to happen.

The host of Coast 2 Coast Pinball is mentioned and quoted in the Pred Wordpress article. Also mentioned as a "pillar" of the pinball community. That's pretty high praise for a guy you called a n00b and said he gets his information from a friend of an uncle's cousin's sister...

That aside...hoping everything turns out for those Canadian folk with money in. The dreams of Kevin filling a truck and hand delivering the games to Canadian buyers may very well be over.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
The host of Coast 2 Coast Pinball is mentioned and quoted in the Pred Wordpress article. Also mentioned as a "pillar" of the pinball community. That's pretty high praise for a guy you called a n00b and said he gets his information from a friend of an uncle's cousin's sister..

What can I say he was right I was wrong.

But I still have more respect for Martin at pinballnews for standing up and saying here are the facts, and here is the proof.

As opposed to coast to coast pinball who stood up and said, here's my opinion, but I have proof I just can't tell you about it....

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
What can I say he was right I was wrong.

But I still have more respect for Martin at pinballnews for standing up and saying here are the facts, and here is the proof.

As opposed to coast to coast pinball who stood up and said, here's my opinion, but I have proof I just can't tell you about it....

Did I misinterpret things or wasn't Martin admittedly attempting to also keep things under wraps while he gathered information for his article and also asked this mystery group (probably including C2C) to stay quiet in order to give Kevin every possible opportunity to try and get things sorted?

Not saying C2C was right to mention anything at all if they were somehow asked not to talk... but who cares anyway? Bigger picture is a lot of us are likely to get hosed so I don't really care about pointing fingers anywhere but at Kevin right now.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Hopefully everyone paid with the credit card company, if you did open a dispute today.

I talked to them and had it been within 90 days they would have immediately returned the money, but as it's after 90 days they can't, but they are still happy to work on my behalf to try and get the money back.

I'm much happier to let my credit card company do they heavy lifting since they would have more clout to actually try and get the money back.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
How expensive can the license be? If an actual DVD/blue ray of the actual movie that you keep is around $25 I really can't see a few pics and a few callouts on a pinball machine worth that much. Even $25 per pin seems too much for a glorified poster (translight) with about 5 mins of speech dialogue.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
How expensive can the license be? If an actual DVD/blue ray of the actual movie that you keep is around $25 I really can't see a few pics and a few callouts on a pinball machine worth that much. Even $25 per pin seems too much for a glorified poster (translight) with about 5 mins of speech dialogue.

It would be cheap for a DVD because of the volume. Sure the DVD only sells for $25 and even if Fox is only getting $1 per DVD they are expecting them to selling hundreds of thousands of copies.

With something as small as 250 machines, Fox still needs to make it worth their while so I could see if being quite a bit more then you might expect.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Well, so much for Predator? I realy hoped that the project would work out in the end, but if those are the facts, then they're the facts. Any idea whether the SkitB team is going to set the record straight on this, or will we just never hear from them again?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Has anyone had any luck putting a claim in with PayPal or their CC Company yet.

Yes, but I'll preface it with I haven't gotten my money back.

Mastercard has said they will file a dispute and do an investigation on my behalf. I feel more confident in their ability to get me a full refund then getting one from Kevin at this point

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

here's an interview with Roger Sharpe who says all license deals he has done were at < $100 per machine ("far less"). granted his experiences would be with manufacturers producing thousands of pins, but in any event, if you assume a "typical" WMS/Stern run is (was) 5,000+ units you are still talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential licensing expenses. that's a HUGE cost for a boutique manufactuer to absorb who was planning to only produce 250 units and sell for ~$5,000 each.

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
Im going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Maybe we will get lucky and receive a 4:30am email from Kevin saying he's processing the monies for return.

Adam please keep me posted on the process. I will do the same

Kazowi

Nov 30, 2012
Flamborough
I just received this from Kevin ..Fingers crossed

Bob,
As we are forced to prematurely close this project, all moneys we have received will be returned to all who have signed on. Many apologies for the situation this has undoubtedly caused for you.
Thank you,
Kevin

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I just received this from Kevin ..Fingers crossed

Bob,
As we are forced to prematurely close this project, all moneys we have received will be returned to all who have signed on. Many apologies for the situation this has undoubtedly caused for you.
Thank you,
Kevin

A few people have gotten similar messages.

I haven't, Bob I'd still open the dispute with your CC company. If you get your money back case closed but at least you can get the wheels moving.

Reactions: websherpa