• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Show your homemade tools & stuff

tim.sanderson

Some of the best tools I use are the ones I’ve made myself. So I’m betting the creative bunch that makes up PBrev have some fantastic ones. Post them here.

Here are a few of my favs.

A – Fuse pullers.
custom_tools1_1000px.jpg
Any fuse puller I’ve bought has literally broken more fuses that they’ve pulled. The two I’ve made work like a charm.

A2 was the first one I hastily made out of a coat hanger. It works so well despite its ugliness, that it’s found a permanent place in my toolbox.
A1 is the second variation. It’s much smaller and more aesthetically pleasing.
Neither has so much as cracked a fuse.

B – Multi Meter alligator probes.
I’m sure these are available for purchase, but I had the bits lying around so I made my own. These are good for when you need three or four hands to test something.

C – Multi Meter hanger.
This is more of a mod than a homemade tool. I’ve attached an elastic to my MM so I can hang it on the PF while testing stuff. The elastic hooks around the base of one of the probes, to keep it out of the way when I don’t need to hang it. This one goes very well with the alligator probes.
mm_hanger1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: WARLOCK

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I've attached an elastic to my MM so I can hang it on the PF while testing stuff.

Isn't this cheating? I always thought it was mandatory to prop up the multi meter precariously on any under cabinet parts within reach of the standard probes. The alternative is holding the meter in one hand, one probe in the other hand and the other one with your teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim.sanderson

Isn't this cheating? I always thought it was mandatory to prop up the multi meter precariously on any under cabinet parts within reach of the standard probes. The alternative is holding the meter in one hand, one probe in the other hand and the other one with your teeth.

Yeah, it's not very sporting, but sometimes a guy needs a cheat codes to pass the game. :p

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Probably setting those high scores with the glass off too. You and your fancy elastic bands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk