• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Princess Bride is the next P3 title

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
For those who lack the attention span to go look:
3 trims:
- base model : $11500 USD for full game or $3750USD for the module only
- LE : $12750 USD for gull game or $5000 USD for the module + LE kit
- CE : $13750 USD Full purchase only (not available as kit)

All 3 trims play the same. Differences are cosmetic + topper.

Yep I'm probably the only one that cares but here it is:

Details here:

Attachments

• 022-princess-bride.jpg
    022-princess-bride.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Ponzie

shinynick

Jan 10, 2013
Georgetown, ON
I care!
I'm going to just get the Standard module for my P3. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have multiple toppers for modules on the P3 platform. I can't imagine swapping and storing toppers for multiple modules!
I think this is their subtle suggestion that we should buy multiple P3 cabinets which really goes against the whole P3 concept.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The multiple toppers/side art etc seems to make more sense if you were putting the game out on location somewhere, or even taking it to shows, but at home, even changing/storing the artwork seems like a lot. Maybe if you're only doing one or two changeovers a year?

Another great theme, but I really hope this module is better than Final Resistance. That game really didn't leave a great first impression. Of the p3 modules I've tried, I like Heist, and Weird Al, but Final Resistance and Drained are kind of boring. Only played a few games on each though.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I don’t typically change art other than the apron instructions. Swapping modules takes 1 or 2 minutes and it certainly gets done more than a few times a year lol. That’s the whole point of owning a P3.

Final Resistance is not for everybody. It’s fast and brutal and somewhat similar in style to Total Nuclear Anihilation. Same designer. It has been called TNA 2.0 by a lot of folks.

Drained is a throwback to EM style of play with targets that are obstructed and get hit by random action and there’s a gobble hole. To those who are too young, a gobble hole is essentially a drain in the middle of the playfield. You lose your ball If you shoot it. Let’s just say Drained isn’t a game you’d run out and buy a P3 for. But if you have a P3, it’s an interesting take on a module.