• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Princess Auto 660lb Hydraulic Scissor Lift Table

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Princess Auto is having a sale on this 660lb hydraulic scissor lift table starting tomorrow. It's been on sale as low as $179.99 in the past but that was years ago.

11-2-2015 1-18-30 PM.png

Many people have used this successfully as a pinball lifter with some slight modifications. The main concern is the handle gets in the way of you being able to slide this under your machine to a safe jacking point. You could go to your local Home Depot and purchase some pieces in the plumbing section. But the problem is it takes up a lot of space to store under your machine and will stick out too.

32559-i.jpg

Some have used hinges like this so the handle can be folded down when not in use.

39078-i.jpg

Some have even cut the handle down shorter.

43055-i.jpg

There is a 3+ year running thread on pinside about different approaches others have used for theirs here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I made a lifter sort of like this using a motorcycle jack a couple of years ago, and it works great. It's a little tricky to move on carpet, but on a harder surface it'd work much better. The ones at CT can regularly be had for under $100.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I know which one you are talking about and at minimum you will need to build some sort of wood platform that is wider and somehow attach on top. Otherwise expect your pin to wobble around or worse fall over one side while you are battling to slide it around on a carpeted surface.

canvas.png

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-motorcycle-atv-jack-1500-lbs-0091015p.html#.VjfIXG7X9-k

There is a site called pinballlifter.com that has made all sorts of upgrades to make specific lift made Craftsman sold at Sears more functional such as bigger platform for the top, wheel upgrades and self tilting via winch.

P1010085-300x225.jpg

P1010084-300x225.jpg

They also have a new product that uses an aluminum car jack as a pinball lifter too.

Alum-2-300x224.jpg

http://www.pinballlifter.com/

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
just picked one up today from the Ottawa location (they had at least 5 more in stock - call ahead to check).

thanks for the link to that Pinside thread re: modifying the handle! not sure which avenue i'll take on that.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Monty, it looks like the same unit I got a couple years ago. For it to fit between the legs of a WPC pin you may have to remove the top and have the sides cut. A buddy of mine was nice enough to cut mine with a plasma cutter. Otherwise, you would have to loosen the leg bolts and widen the legs in order to make it fit (not ideal).

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Lee which model do you have? the 660lb rated one? or is yours higher?

the 660lb model has a 19.5" wide table which should be able to clear a pin from the front with legs on? guess i'll find out soon enough!

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
The yellow one in the pic looks just like the one I have.

It would fit between early SS and wide body pins but not WPC era...... The quick fix like I said was to loosen the bolts a bit or cut the sides of the lift platter.

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
just a quick follow up for anyone thinking of buying - it just clears the legs of a WPC era pin. no loosening leg bolts, or worse, having to modify the table in any way.

B08gEZI.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The lowest I have seen this go for was probably $149.99 but that was probably 3-4 years ago. Given how crappy out dollar is I don't think you will see it dip much lower or maybe $229.99 is the lowest you will see it go on sale. The Canadian Tire version I think I have seen it go for as low as $99.99 but I don't think it is nearly as stable as the Princess Auto one. It can be made more stable but requires some modification such as making a bigger box platform, bigger wheels so it is easier to roll on a carpeted floor.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
You can try to phone this Hamilton seller and see if item is still available for $180. It looks like both foot controls are used to raise and lower the lift table. This is assuming that the generic stock photo the kijiji seller used is of the actual lifter for sale or very similar. So all you would need to do is remove the push handle in order for it to fit under your pinball machines.

$_35.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/h...new/575204048?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Don't forget to apply the "luch" method of buying by asking if there is a receipt otherwise you can start chipping away at the asking price :p

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
just purchased one from Princess auto , and found it was too wide for some of my machine , spec's say 19.5 in wide but mine came 20.5 in wide , so back it goes

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I notice there was some discussion way back in this thread regarding the width of the table.
I also had issues with this lifter. It just made it past WPC legs but for certain EMs there was no way to use it unless I passed it through from the side... which sucked.

If you plan to use it for mostly modern pins, it's a good and stable option.

I ended up finding a used one at a garage sale with a substantially smaller platform and it had no handle. Just a foot pedal and a release right at the base. Maybe it's not rated for 660lbs... but I don't own a STTNG anyway :D