• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pool pinball EM games

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Can someone please school me on all these "____ shot" pool pinball em machines. I've been hooked on playing Big Shot on pinball arcade on my phone for a few months. Seems fun but I'm not sure if it's because of it's simplicity paying on a 4" screen compared to more complicated dmd games. I've not seen one for sale yet. Are they rare? Are they actually fun? I see other similar looking games hot shot, bank shot, sure shot. What am I looking at? Slightly differnet layout and number of players? What do I want? Better one? How much are they? Feel free to assume I know nothing about them other than I like playing Big Shot on my phone.

Thanks

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Big Shot is a two player version, Hot Shot is the four player version, and the one-player add-a-ball version was called Pro Pool. All the same layout. Add-a-ball was the rarest at 800 units--most add-a-ball games are the lowest produced of the series as they were made for a handful of states where gaining a replay was prohibited by law...so they just let you collect extra balls instead. Add-a-ball games are great for the home environment...because who needs a "special" when the game is on free play? Too bad they are much more rare than their replay counterparts.

To confuse matters, Gottlieb also made a different pool game with a different layout. The replay is Sure Shot, the add-a-ball is Bank Shot. Again, Bank Shot was made in fewer numbers.

The Big/Hot Shot is drop target based to collect the pool balls...if you like bashing targets. Sure/Bank Shot relies on rollovers to collect the pool balls...more challenging in my opinion. I've played a Sure Shot...pretty fun.

Phew! Very confusing, those Gottliebs! Maybe just get an Eight Ball Deluxe!!

Reactions: brad808

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Thank you very much that is some excellent information. I now have at least a good solid base knowledge to research them.