• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Polk Subwoofers Available and Back On Sale! (PSW108/PSW10)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
It looks like Best Buy has stock of these two Polk Subwoofers back on sale now for $89.99-94.99. A few of us on here have hooked these up adding quite a significant improvement to bass for our games. No permanent modification such as drilling holes or cutting existing wires are required. All you need is some speaker wire and gator clips like this to clip onto the existing sub in the game and feed through the existing hole.

50pcs-Double-ended-Crocodile-Alligator-Clips-Wire-Lead.jpg

8749690631_a88dca160c_c.jpg

10166783.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pol ... 602129en02 $94.99

10053785.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pol ... 3332b8en02 $94.99

Don't forget it is free shipping for orders over $20 so save yourself the headaches of dealing with parking and crowds from the Black Friday sales.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Re: Polk Subwoofers Available and Back On Sale! (PSW108/PSW1

I totally want to add one of these to my Hollywood heat so I can shake my house with its amazing 80s cheese music.

Sent from my Nexus 4

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

brad808 said:
I totally want to add one of these to my Hollywood heat so I can shake my house with its amazing 80s cheese music.

YES!!!! this ^^^^
Wonder if I can hook one up to my EMs somehow and make the house ring like the bells of Notre Dame?

I actually bought two of these during the last big sale. They're still in box :(
I think I need to throw a pinball mod party. Everyone comes over and installs something before they can play. hmmmm :idea:

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

I recently hooked up one of these to my Jurassic Park. Totally new audio experience. Blew me away how much better it sounded.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered another for my LOTR. Can't wait!

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

Oh yeah man. I'm never going back! Highly recommended if you have a JP! :D :D :D

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

Ahhh really? I would have thought LOTR would rock with a sub. That's unfortunate but I'm going to try it out anyway.

If it doesn't work out maybe I'll put it on TAF?

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph

Just came here to share this deal but see you're all over it.

Thanks for the pics mwong. I just ordered the 108 as it is a bit cheaper, and seems to be a better value...$240 off!?!?...really...and $7 environmental fee!?!...bloody government

Where is the best place to buy Alligator clips?

Thanks, HTM

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Sayal sells a bundle of gator clips like I have pictured above for $3-4. Also don't kid yourself about the savings on the PSW108 and PSW10 as regular price for these are inflated big time and $90-100 is probably close to what they are truly worth :lol:

What game are you hooking it up to HTM?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Golden Graham said:
How about this/these subs on CFTBL or IJ?? Any ideas?

Can't comment on either of those games but easy enough to try if you got a set of gator clips and some extra wire. Worse case if you don't hear or feel the difference you can always take it back to Future Shop or Best Buy for a refund.

11119174686_a5ef4fa673_c.jpg

It looks like the raised the price on the PSW108 from $84.99 to $94.99 but the sale appears to be on and all my locations are showing stock.

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph

mwong168 said:
Sayal sells a bundle of gator clips like I have pictured above for $3-4. Also don't kid yourself about the savings on the PSW108 and PSW10 as regular price for these are inflated big time and $90-100 is probably close to what they are truly worth :lol:

What game are you hooking it up to HTM?

Hooking it up to AC/DC Pro...have to wait 'til Christmas though.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario

WHOA!
Just hooked one of these up to my METLE and LOTR. The METLE shakes the house! LOTR is pretty great too. Now I have to wait for another sale and buy a couple more for the rest of my games!

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

Interesting about LOTR! I'm going to give it a shot and hook mine up!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Golden Graham said:
The METLE shakes the house! LOTR is pretty great too. Now I have to wait for another sale and buy a couple more for the rest of my games!

Elliot didn't think it would make much difference but now he can't imagine playing his MET without the Polk Sub :D You could always pre-wire all your games and move the sub around to whatever game you want to shake the house.

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada

Lol. What a coincidence. I just bought the 108 for my TV. I only went into the right channel RCA and it seems to work fine for the purpose I bought it for without a Y adapter. Where are you connecting the mono output of the speaker to?

Good sub for the money. They didn't have the PSW10 in stock and trying to do the comparison thing online didn't seem to readily reveal the differences between the two subs. As for asking the staff at Best Buy, I'd have better luck asking my dog which one was better for my application.

My TV may lose out for awhile just to play but I can't see running this thing as a permanent installation to be honest and there's no way I'm hooking one up to every game. :D

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada

Don't know. I went on what they were showing as the higher mark down and largely on the fact the 108 was the only one they had. :)

It looks like Polk themselves haven't figured it out. On their website they don't provide the power output on the 108 but it appears from the product itself it's 50W RMS and 100W peak; identical to the PSW10. I'd swear it's the cabinet being all back including the front face and that's it. It's almost like from the online specs the 108 was to be an non-amplified sub but it has an amplifier. Who knows how they arrive at the price discrepancies but it sounds like at any given time the price to pay on any of these is around $100 and anything else is overpaying for them. Sale price is "the price". I wouldn't doubt they have two similar so they can discount one and then the other. If something is shown as on sale continuously I believe the law states that has to be deemed the regular price. I've seen this sort of marketing before so the manufacturer can continuously give the impression a product is being sold at a deal and they flip flop back and forth between two comparable product offerings.

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/stere ... subwoofers

Still looking for the connection. Are you going straight from the amplified speaker to a line input without a line leveler or are you just using the sub speaker in parallel. The latter has me with concerns regarding impedance as the cab speakers on a W/B is already a low 4 ohm thus further reducing the impedance in parallel. This could lead to TDA2030A failure. One can tap preamp off the WPC sound or A/V board and I believe both channels are identical with the only crossover affect being caps added to the mid and tweeter in the head. The sound going to the amp would be full spectrum and one could actually run the amp with it's bass and utilizing the crossover augment the mid/high with a pair of additional speakers.

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.

I have this sub on my TRON Legacy and AC/DC LE and the sound is incredible! Time to buy more :D