• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Please help me raise $$$ for Parkinson's

tim.sanderson

To be more specific, please help me help my Mom raise money for her Parkinson's SuperWalk team.
(visit her page here for more info)

As some of you already know, my father has been suffering from Parkinson's Disease for well over a decade. He was diagnosed at a particularly young age, in his early 50's. His symptoms could be described as severe, up until a couple of years ago. That was when he went through the still-somewhat experimental "Deep Brain Stimulation" surgery. He underwent 8 hours of open brain surgery, all while being completely conscious. The hardware that was inserted into his brain and chest now alleviates much of his symptoms, allowing him to regain much greater control over his body, and greatly reduce the mind boggling amount of medication that keeps him going. Basically, he’s now a cyborg!

As terrible an experience the surgery was for him, the difference it made in his quality of life has been unbelievable to say the least. It literally changed everything.

The type of research it took/takes to do that sort of stuff is crazy costly. Every dollar raised is a dollar closer to a cure. My mom & dad don't know I am posting this, so any extra support we can generate for my Mom’s team will absolutely THRILL them, especially my Mom!

There are two ways you can donate:

One way is to do so right through my mom’s page.

If you’d rather not donate that way, you can EMT me the amount, and I will add it to my donation. PM me and I will give you my EMT/email info (I will be sure to give credit to anyone who donates!)

Again, I’m not asking for anything significant. Even $5 would be fantastic and greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading,

Tim.

Reactions: CJBob