• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Brothers Next Game - ABBA

king_pin

Dec 15, 2019
ottawa
So the first videos of Pinball Brothers next game have been posted. It's ABBA. For myself, this is a hard pass. What does everyone else think?

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I think they may have sold some if they priced it around $6k but at $10-$11k US, don't really see them selling out. Not unless they are bought by more mega fans of the band that are not really pinball collectors. Although the runs are quite limited so you never know given only 800 will be made worldwide. I don't think Queen really sold that well either. According to the Pin Map on Pinside, only 75 Queen pins worldwide at arcades or personal collections.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I know women that are huge ABBA fans but they don't buy pinball machines.

Probably does ok at a the right location though!

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I doubt North America was the target demographic. It's only 800 games. I'm sure they'll do fine.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
I doubt North America was the target demographic. It's only 800 games. I'm sure they'll do fine.
Agreed. ABBA was always very popular since Eurovision with many international hits. If the music/theme is not your cup of tea, the game actually looks great and seems fun to shoot. PB makes quality products. The hobby offers something for everyone!

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Not that it applies here but it's funny on Pinside. You can tell who the homophobic pinheads are easily. Feeling emasculated by a pinball theme is pretty lame IMHO. A pinball game can be fun without nudity or breasts the size of watermelons on the art.

I agree the price point is steep but not so different than the other manufacturers. PB doesn't build fast anyway so making 800 machines will probably take them 2 years.... or more. 2+ years to sell 800 machines isn't that far fetched.

Reactions: ALJO and tom_454

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
New pin days/weeks are always fun no matter what. I'll flip it at shows and locations for sure, just like all pins. Would I own one, not a theme that resonates with me, I probably will singlng along to some songs when I flip it though.

Agree that in this current market, it now takes more to buy pins New In Box (for me any ways).

Happy for anyone that was waiting for this or wanted this theme.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Same here. Hope I get to try it some day but NIB purchases are a thing of the past for us (after our LT shows up).

scylla

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON
I know women that are huge ABBA fans but they don't buy pinball machines.

Probably does ok at a the right location though!
I happen to be a female who hates ABBA and buys pins but I know I'm an anomaly. This is my nightmare theme and it's not going in our basement. Having said that, I agree with you and can see this being super popular in bars. It will attract people who don't normally play pinball. I guess that's not a bad thing...

Last edited: