1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinball at Joseph Brant Museum in Burlington

Discussion in 'General Pinball Chat' started by GUARD, Oct 9, 2019.

1. GUARD

GUARD Active Member

Friend heard this on the radio.

https://museumsofburlington.ca/events/#modal

Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball
    The first special exhibition in the Showcase Gallery at the Joseph Brant Museum, is the Canadian premiere of Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. The interactive exhibition features rock-themed, playable pinball machines alongside merchandise and artifacts related to artists and bands. The exhibition runs from October 6 to January 12 and is included in the cost of regular museum admission, $10/adult, $6/children, $8/senior/student, free for children under 3. Two pinball tokens are included with admission, additional tokens are available for purchase.

CJBob and WARLOCK like this.
  2. ritewhereiwant2b

ritewhereiwant2b Active Member

I will be checking it okt

3. CJBob

CJBob Active Member

I'd be curious to hear how your visit went, I'm in Burlington every now and then and could drop in pretty easily.

4. Pinballer

Pinballer Member

Can anybody report back as to what games are available and their condition, etc. Thinking of going but only if I think it is worthwhile.

5. mIkea

mIkea Member

Totally worthwhile. I went yesterday afternoon and had the whole exhibition to myself. All machines are pretty much in pristine condition as would be expected I suppose at a museum. They are all led’d, have Titan rubbers and for some reason mostly black flipper bats, so not exactly original but very playable. Alice Cooper and Tommy were my absolute faves but a good selection overall. I only had and hour but will definitely be heading back. They currently have:
    Bally Wizard
    Tommy
    Elvis
    Beatles
    Beat Time
    Captain Fantastic
    Aerosmith
    Metallica
    (Didn’t play these do not sure which model)
    Rolling Stones
    ACNC
    AC/DC Pro
    Dolly Parton
    Bally Kiss
    Stern Kiss

Pinballer likes this.
  6. Pinballer

Pinballer Member

Thanks for the information. Might go this Friday as I have never played Alice Cooper. Is that game 3 balls for a dollar ?

7. mIkea

mIkea Member

$10 entry into the museum and all games are on free play. The exhibit is just to the left of the ticket counter- can’t miss it. It usually closes at 4 though except I think Thursdays, so check the hours and give yourself plenty of time.
    Enjoy!

8. Pinballer

Pinballer Member

Thanks , free play, well that sounds like a great deal. I think I know what I am doing tomorrow afternoon.

9. mIkea

mIkea Member

Pinball and beer night tomorrow Friday the 13th. $40 entry gets you free play from 7-10, 2 beers, souvenir glass, appetizers, door prizes. Wish I could go!

10. roar

roar Active Member

They are having an IFPA sanctioned event on the 21st as well. Details from the website linked above:

11. Pinballer

Pinballer Member

Just got back after playing pinball for 3 hours, very enjoyable, and a great deal at $10 and all games on free play. Just a few issues but really nothing to complain about given that I had the whole place almost to myself. All games are very clean, playfields are almost spotless and nicely waxed and the balls in very good condition. Some minor issues, the spotlights on the ceiling seem to create a fair amount of glare on most of the games. Alice Cooper is not working, seems like a software/computer issue. Kiss Stern , ball lock in Gene Simmons not working. Upper flipper on Elvis not working. Aerosmith tilts too easily, happened twice and I have a light touch, no other games tilted with my regular game play. In my opinion the best three games for playing enjoyment were AC DC, Metallica and The Who's Tommy. I might go back it was very enjoyable to play the games in relatively peace and quiet and just hear the sounds from the game in play, other that the screen display that they have constantly running in loop about Pinball (wish that was at a lower volume). I also enjoyed seeing some of the Rock stuff , like Alice Cooper's electric chair from the 1970 tour, it is just made from 2x4's some lights and plywood, those were the days when special effects could be effective on a low budget.

12. pinballjah

pinballjah Active Member

Sounds like my home collection :) Who owns these games? I assume they are on loan and it is not a permanent collection. Thanks.

13. Pinballer

Pinballer Member

I don't know who owns these machines. Does anybody know if Alice Cooper is working again ? I might go again. I can always call but figure a member would better know if it is working properly as compared to the front desk receptionist.

14. Pinballer

Pinballer Member

I went again and Alice Cooper was working but acting up. It was rebooting almost after every game. Fun pin but was expecting it to play more of the classic Cooper songs. A little disappointed with the game flow and background music choices. The museum obviously can't keep up with the required maintenance aspect of pins. This time an additional problem was that one of the flippers on AC DC was not working, needless to say not worth playing. Still well worth the $10 to play many games on Metallica, Tommy and Alice Cooper.