• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Paint color matching Rollergames and Whirlwind

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Has anybody done a paint match for the blues for either of these games.
Nothing off the shelf even comes close.
I have an old one I found thats about 10yrs old that doesn't make sense to local hardware stores.
Thanks

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
I brought in 2 small paint chips from under the legs and they used the scanner/analyzer on it . Absolutely nailed 2 similar but apparently very different shades of blue from Alien Poker and Space Shuttle.
Just have them mix up the sample sizes if you just want to test it.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
I brought in 2 small paint chips from under the legs and they used the scanner/analyzer on it . Absolutely nailed 2 similar but apparently very different shades of blue from Alien Poker and Space Shuttle.
Just have them mix up the sample sizes if you just want to test it.
That's what I'll have to do. I guess over expectations at home depot lol.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Shouldn't ha e expected much they had more colors in their hair than samples on the wall.
I'm going to grab a chip from behind the leg I guess. And rona.
Did you do semi gloss??

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
Put of curiosity how long ago. 3 clueless pumpkins said those numbers don't work on their system it must be old. Lol
It's been a few. If the 3 clueless pumpkins weren't stuck behind the paint desk they'd be hiding like the rest of the staff. You know things aren't going to go well when there's two customers in the entire store and they are paging for someone to come help who never shows up. I didn't make the rules HD did with their paint codes. It seems to be fractions of an ounce. Either one full ounce, X x 48th of an ounce and X x 96th of an ounce of what looks to be pretty standard tints. So if the smallest measure is 1 x 96th the 96th column can only be either 0 or 1.

Now go back and try and explain their own system back to 3 clueless pumpkins... lol.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Lol I had the same thoughts that it was fractions of an oz. But phones came popping out with calculators lol. I knew I was in trouble.
I think I'm going to see if rona system is similar and can copy that to their paints.
Was it semi gloss?

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
I mean you can kind of see where the color is going just from the code. A little shot a green, I big helping of blue. Some white to bring it up a tone and a squirt of magenta to give it some of that tone.

The color is mostly blue. If they try to put more of something other than blue in the can, walk away.

Reactions: gunner007

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Are you looking to roll the paint on or spray? If you're spraying take a look at the Montana spray paint line, it isn't a line Home Depot will have but they have a rather remarkable range of colours to choose from. A great place in Toronto sells it, https://www.toronto-collective.com/ and they also happen to have an amazing selection of pinball machines in store too :).

Reactions: gunner007

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Thanks. I juat want to do touch ups to the box.
But I'm also planning on spraying lockdown bars side rails and legs. So I'll see what they have.