• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ottawa Pinball Show - List of Games

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Ottawa Pinball Show - List of games - 2013 - *EDIT*

Tournament games update:

10 games in total will be brought to the event for the tournament portion.

2-EM's
4-DMD's
4-SS's

Tournament games are:

Toledo
Sure Shot
Black Knight
High Speed
Rolling Stones
Space Shuttle
Roadshow
No Fear
NBA Fastbreak
World Cup Soccer 94

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
3-4 of my 7 games in the above list will be for sale/trade at the show.
Pickup is anytime after the tournament is completed Saturday evening.

FYI - Rolling Stones, Space Shuttle and High Speed are Sparky's and are
NOT for sale to my awareness, but you never know. Not a chance on Rolling Stones!

Add games to this list that you know will be at the show if you wish. See you there.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Drano,
Ian found his Rolling Stones grail, yes. It cost him a couple of Dolly Parton's though,
which is a lot of pin cleavage, but seems fitting for Mick and Keith and the boys in
some strange way.
Warlock

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Regarding the Ottawa tournament pins:

Please note that the first post in this thread is a working list of intended pins for the tournament.

I guarantee this list will change over the next month. The reason why is that these pins need to be
tournament quality pins as opposed to folded pins that Ian and I currently have in our collections.

Hint #1 - OXO will most likely be moved out with another EM to be taking it's place.

We will know an update in under 24 hours.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Tournament pins update:

Rolling Stones - Confirmed
Space Shuttle - Confirmed
High Speed - Confirmed
No Fear - Confirmed

Verdict is still out on OXO.
Several options to replace it.

More soon.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Tournament Games List - update

No Fear - confirmed.
Black Knight - confirmed.
Toledo - confirmed.
Rolling Stones - confirmed.
High Speed - confirmed.
Space Shuttle - confirmed.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
WARLOCK said:
Tournament Games List - update

No Fear - confirmed.
Black Knight - confirmed.
Toledo - confirmed.
Rolling Stones - confirmed.
High Speed - confirmed.
Space Shuttle - confirmed.

Just a little friendly advice for the games you have listed from a tournament perspective:

Check Space Shuttle, Black Knight, and High Speed for lock stealing between players.

I'm pretty sure you can lock steal on Space shuttle, but not 100% sure on BK or HS. If you can lock steal, you should have players play those games one at a time.

Nothing more frustrating in a tournament to have someone else steal your hard work

Have you guys figured out your format yet for the tournament? I was still waiting to hear from Ian, also make sure you take down the first and last name of every player so you can submit the results.

Let me know if you have any questions

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Adam,

Thank you for the advice. I forwarded you a copy of the rules just now. I thought I had done it earlier when Ian sent them to me.
Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the advice on the lock steal. It dawned on me again today on BK as something to look into and check on.
I recall that you had mentioned this to me before as well and it makes sense for single player mode in the tournament
if that is the case on any of those games.

More to follow.

Scott

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
WARLOCK said:
Adam,

Thank you for the advice. I forwarded you a copy of the rules just now. I thought I had done it earlier when Ian sent them to me.
Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the advice on the lock steal. It dawned on me again today on BK as something to look into and check on.
I recall that you had mentioned this to me before as well and it makes sense for single player mode in the tournament
if that is the case on any of those games.

More to follow.

Scott

It won't matter so much during qualifying but in the finals is when it will make a difference.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Cannot steal locks on High Speed. It does however have an escalating jackpot, which might be a point of concern. One game the jackpot won could be 2 million points, the next person who gets it only gets 200k.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
right I forgot about that with high speed, I think there are similar roms to the ones I used in your pinbot for fixing that issue.