• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ottawa Pinball Show 2014 - List of Pins!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
List of pins @ the Ottawa Pinball Show for 2014.

Algar
Defender
Elektra
Firepower
Time Warp
Xmen
Johnny Mnemonic
Demolition Man
Target Alpha
Spin Out
(perhaps Vector or High Speed)

THESE are the tournament pins.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I can't say I've been to a Pinball show here in Canada but what I do recall about Pinbrawl in Detroit and Rochester NY is that a good number of the pins are priced and available for sale. Just wondering.... I may want to call dibs on one

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Sorry Tim, here you go. I had forgotten to update this.
The tournament pins are all mine with assists from Ben with JM and Victor with DM.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16482

This is the thread for the list of pins @ the Ottawa Pinball Show for 2014.

Pinlist @ Ottawa Show 2014 (updated)

* Confirmed: * (T=tournament)

Algar (T)
Defender (T)
Elektra (T)
Firepower (T)
Time Warp (T)
Target Alpha (T)
Spin Out (T)
X-men (T)
Johnny Mnemonic (T)
Demolition Man (T)
(perhaps) Vector or High Speed
Flash Gordon
Pinbot
Kick Off
RollerGames
Black Knight
Atlantis (Bally)
Dungeons & Dragons
Pioneer
Eight Ball Deluxe
Rat Race
White Water
Comet
Phoenix
Flash
Last Action hero
Gottlieb strikes n' spares
Independence Day
Laser cue
Time warp
High Speed
NBA Fastbreak
Mustang
Star Trek (Stern)
F-14
Dragon (Interflip)
Surf Champ
Six Million Dollar Man
TSPP
X-men
Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones (Stern)
T3
White Water
Whirlwind
WC 94 soccer
Gladiators
Hot Shots
Bad Cats
Playboy (Stern)
Playboy (Bally)
Diner
NBA Fastbreak
Dirty Harry
Jackbot
Frankenstein
Monopoly
Ninja Turtles
Nascar
Earthshaker
Strikes and Spares
NIB ELVIS GOLD
Centaur
Hokus Pokus
Hong Kong

* Probable: *

CFTBL
ms
+1 DMD
+1 Flash Gordon

VIDS

Time crisis
Super dodgeball
Ms. Pacman (Cabaret)

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Right on! Glad to see a slights change for the format of the finals from last year. Kinda wish the attempts for A were $10 instead of 5 just to juice the pot a bit more. Looking forward to the event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin the 1984 kid

Nov 16, 2012
Niagara
yup yup! can't wait to play in the tournament...I'm glad they took out the Star Wars (DE) from tournament :)
There was a Apollo 13 on the list of free play, sad to see it go. Never got to play it yet...I really wanted that 13 ball multi.

How many people from the T.O.P.L. are going?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
kevin the 1984 kid said:
yup yup! can't wait to play in the tournament...I'm glad they took out the Star Wars (DE) from tournament :)
There was a Apollo 13 on the list of free play, sad to see it go. Never got to play it yet...I really wanted that 13 ball multi.

How many people from the T.O.P.L. are going?

I can't justify making the trip.

When the qualifying period is the same amount of time as it is going to take for me to drive to the event, I don't go.

If I'm going to travel for a tournament, I want to feel like I'm going to get some value out of it, and 5 hours of playing time isn't enough value for me to make the trip.

I wish it all the success in the world, but until it grows in substance, I don't think you'll see any of the top tier players attending.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Vengeance said:
I wish it all the success in the world, but until it grows in substance, I don't think you'll see any of the top tier players attending.

Jump on board as a director and we will make it a 2-day event next year. :D
Pretty dismal Eastern Canadian Tournament scene this year with no CPCs.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
movingpictures said:

I would but I just don't have the energy anymore to drag a bunch of machines out of my basement, haul them down to Ottawa, spend $300 in gas to do so, pay for a hotel, pay for trophies, spend my entire weekend running the thing and then have 20 dudes show up, and deal with douches like Mr Hide who only want to bitch, piss and moan about how they can't play the games.

My efforts are better focused locally where I can put on better quality events, with less effort on my end.

Once the building goes up, my plan is to run 2 major tournaments a year, just like PAPA, but that is still 1 - 2 years out at this point.

More power to you Adam, I'm glad someone has taken up the charge, and hopefully the tournament grows into something larger, or if that is not the goal, then I'm sure the locals will enjoy the tournament as is, and that is fine as well, good luck this weekend.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
movingpictures said:

I disagree, while there is no "major" tournament of the year, there is more competitive opportunities to play pinball in Eastern Ontario then ever before.

Between TCPL, LOPL, TOPL, DRAPL, there have been more local opportunities for people to play pinball competitively than ever before. We've seen more growth in the last 2 years then I've seen in 6 years before it.

The loss of the CPC this year sucks, but like I said above, eventually I will replace it with something, better then ever before.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Vengeance said:
movingpictures said:

I would but I just don't have the energy anymore to drag a bunch of machines out of my basement, haul them down to Ottawa, spend $300 in gas to do so, pay for a hotel, pay for trophies, spend my entire weekend running the thing and then have 20 dudes show up, and deal with douches like Mr Hide who only want to bitch, piss and moan about how they can't play the games.

My efforts are better focused locally where I can put on better quality events, with less effort on my end.

Once the building goes up, my plan is to run 2 major tournaments a year, just like PAPA, but that is still 1 - 2 years out at this point.

More power to you Adam, I'm glad someone has taken up the charge, and hopefully the tournament grows into something larger, or if that is not the goal, then I'm sure the locals will enjoy the tournament as is, and that is fine as well, good luck this weekend.

Adam you wouldn't really need to do all of that.

Machines - Check, we have those, see above.
Trophies - Check, we have those, see above.
Volunteers - Check, we have those, at least a dozen so we can have 4 scorekeepers at all times.
Running the thing - Check, PAPA scoring with an automated excel spreadsheet.
Douches like Mr Hide - Check, but he can suck a duck, so never mind the small stuff. :cool:

If you are interested, we can grow the event next year and attract more serious players.
We have quite the team established already, and it wouldn't be too difficult to expand with a little help from yourself.

Cheers !

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Vengeance said:
movingpictures said:

I disagree, while there is no "major" tournament of the year, there is more competitive opportunities to play pinball in Eastern Ontario then ever before.

Between TCPL, LOPL, TOPL, DRAPL, there have been more local opportunities for people to play pinball competitively than ever before. We've seen more growth in the last 2 years then I've seen in 6 years before it.

The loss of the CPC this year sucks, but like I said above, eventually I will replace it with something, better then ever before.

Local leagues are great, but really provide nothing for non-locals.
For me personally, I have little to no opportunity to play competitive pinball in Ontario this year without the CPCs.
OTTD excluded, as it takes place in Quebec.

On the other hand, I am attempting to build a competitive scene here with IFPA tournaments.
The first one was a big success with 18 players on a weeknight for a 5-hour tournament.
We even had two guys travel here from Ottawa.
Hopefully the next one in October (POP fundraiser) will be even bigger, and is planned as a full day event.