• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

One clean Totan! Have you been busy over the holidays?

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
I have :) Just finishing up my Totan, got this earlier this year from warlock, needed some tlc, just about done now! Went gold with it since totan looks so good with gold, other than that, tried out clear rubbers and then red premium rubbers to accent on the posts etc, for the leds I normally don't colour match inserts, just use warm white everywhere to make it look natural, but with totan I want the colours to POP! Just waiting on apron decals and a few other parts to finish her up :)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

Reactions: WARLOCK

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Well sir, there is no doubt this pin is now in the correct hands!
I am very happy this pin has turned into what you wanted it to be.

PM me if you want to sell me my old playfield back. I'm feeling nostalgic...

Fantastic work. Well done.
Thank you for sharing.

Cheers.

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Actually you'd be a good guy to ask Warlock, on the attract mode it dims the lights and with LEDs they have quite bad flickering/pulsing (I usually use comet 2 led warm whites) do you know if the no-flix leds are enough to fix the problem or does one need one of those led ocd boards in this game? Just wondering if you ran into this problem with yours or if you stuck with incandescent?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Actually you'd be a good guy to ask Warlock, on the attract mode it dims the lights and with LEDs they have quite bad flickering/pulsing (I usually use comet 2 led warm whites) do you know if the no-flix leds are enough to fix the problem or does one need one of those led ocd boards in this game? Just wondering if you ran into this problem with yours or if you stuck with incandescent?

Unfortunately you will need one of these LED OCD or GI OCD boards to address this flickering. Someone on pinside recently posted these videos from their TOTAN with leds.

Before

After with GI OCD

After with LED OCD

Here is a link if you wish to purchase
http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=v5lb66iluhkulhd6k11l92kib3

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Cool thanks for the vids wong! Looks like thats what I will need, just expensive is all, and the gi and insert units are seperate lol.

Last pics :)

t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg

Last edited: