• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

One clean taxi cab!

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Feeling this forum needs more threads :) just finished painting, decaling and reassembling my taxi cab, new cpr playfield swap is next, stay tuned! (don't mind the finger prints or the mess on the floor btw...

t1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace and brad808

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Great looking cab! I've said it before but it always brings me great joy to see any machine brought back to a beautiful condition like this. These restored games will be cherished many collectors for many years to come. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Here's a question... do you guys prefer to see the whole cabinet painted inside with the bottom and all or do you prefer the original look with the unpainted bottom with overspray?

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I don't usually care, but if I have a choice I'd go unpainted, I prefer original, opening up a fully painted cabinet always seems very jarring to me.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
Right now the "over-restored" look is very popular, but if the hobby continues upwards in value, I'd expect to see "original" games commanding more money over restored games.

I personally like "original" but I can certainly appreciate a nicely done "restomod".

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I'm torn... on one hand I love the authentic look of the original overspray but on the otherhand if I'm going balls out on a restoration it just looks so clean when the insides are painted to match.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
It's tempting, I grant you. But I draw the line at chromed power boxes...

The only way I'm doing something like that is if I'm already sending in all of the under PF mech's for re-plating. Adding one more piece to the lot doesn't change the price usually... and there's no way I'm chroming it. Nickle plate, absolutely!

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm torn... on one hand I love the authentic look of the original overspray but on the otherhand if I'm going balls out on a restoration it just looks so clean when the insides are painted to match.

D

I don't find it looks clean at all, I find it looks overpowering.

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Yea I hear you but sometimes with beer and grease stains etc on the bottom painting is best. Im not plating anything, seems like a waste to put too much energy in upgrading anything below the playfield besides cleaning.

Anyways the pf is back in, turned out great :)

t2.jpg