• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

kiwi

Dec 27, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I messaged that guy within minutes of that ad being posted. I offered him $5000 cash and will pick up ASAP. He didn't even respond to me. So I'm filing that ad under B for Bullshit.

Maybe he thought your reply was fake. I'm thinking some sellers have no idea of how the silly prices have become for some machines.

kiwi

Dec 27, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I got a response....seller was flooded with messages and calls and got the idea in her head that FG is a 6k USD, so decided to turn it into an auction. No thanks.

Yep, seen the odd pin listed at way low prices the the seller lines up people with "offerd" they've had. Suddenly the price asked is become an auction.

Reactions: ibjeepin

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I still have no idea why people would reply to an ad and offer more than asking. If someone is selling for 3800, call and say "I'll take it-I'm on my way". If people quit trying to turn these things into auctions, then it'd stop happening.
I was one of the first to reply so when I offered 5K for his/her $3800 listing it was not to bid but because I didn't feel right getting a game that was so grossly underpriced. Its a $6k game so I went half way, I would have offered more but I haven't seen the game condition. As soon as it goes into some kind of auction, I would withdraw my offer immediately.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
I still have no idea why people would reply to an ad and offer more than asking.

Because they know it's worth more and are willing to pay more, and if they offer more than asking they might get it over someone offering the asking price.

Why do people in Toronto pay over asking for houses? Same reason, they want it.

Reactions: zod

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
I got a response....seller was flooded with messages and calls and got the idea in her head that FG is a 6k USD, so decided to turn it into an auction. No thanks.
Yes that seems to be the norm! Was she a real estate agent too! ?

Jolal

May 19, 2016
Montreal
Hello everyone. My name is Jonathan.First time on a forum of any kind.
Looking to sell my woz 75th bought sept 2015, around 200 games played
With mods(most are not installed).
From Saint-zotique ,Quebec J0P 1Z0. On Ontario line.
Just wanted to make sure I'm on the right tread.

Aunt Agnes

Nov 5, 2015
Kitchener, Ontario
Hello everyone. My name is Jonathan.First time on a forum of any kind.
Looking to sell my woz 75th bought sept 2015, around 200 games played
With mods(most are not installed).
From Saint-zotique ,Quebec J0P 1Z0. On Ontario line.
Just wanted to make sure I'm on the right tread.

Hi Jolal. This thread is for machines that are not yours for sale. I would recommend starting a new thread.