• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
When did you sell it to him? Could he have added $1000 more in value to it?

My MAACA thread would suggest it was almost 2.5 years ago.
Sounds like he installed his own Rottendog board and a few parts like optos. Not sure what else?

Then again, if you'd like to sell me your games for what they were worth 2 years ago, let's talk ;)

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
Then again, if you'd like to sell me your games for what they were worth 2 years ago, let's talk ;)
I thought about that and under normal circumstances pins have definitely gone up. Problem is that in the last year with the release of MMr circumstances for A-list games are not normal. I spoke with Rick from Planetary Pinball about their next release after MMr and although he wouldn't say what it will be there will definitely be more re-releases. I'm getting a little nervous on titles in the 8K range, the higher the average price the higher the chance it will be on the re-release list. I'm a player not a collector, I would much rather buy a brand new re- release over a 20 year old original.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
There are lots of us that prefer the original to the re-release potential candidates and don't care if the prices are the same. I gave up my MMR to buy an original MM. I have friends with originals and with repro's on the way. Each to their own. Personal preference.
TAF and TZ and several other titles are not likely remake candidates for many reasons stated elsewhere.

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I thought about that and under normal circumstances pins have definitely gone up. Problem is that in the last year with the release of MMr circumstances for A-list games are not normal. I spoke with Rick from Planetary Pinball about their next release after MMr and although he wouldn't say what it will be there will definitely be more re-releases. I'm getting a little nervous on titles in the 8K range, the higher the average price the higher the chance it will be on the re-release list. I'm a player not a collector, I would much rather buy a brand new re- release over a 20 year old original.

Funny how we all perceive things differently.
Most guys up here will be into their MMR for around $10K landed. Roughly the same price of an original these days.

I still maintain that, if I'm going to have the same money invested either way, give me the original every time. It was designed and assembled by williams staff (not Stern) and runs on a tried and tested platform that is realitvely easy to repair with plenty of available parts.
Also, once Rick is done flooding the market with as many repros as he can, I'm not sure I'd want to own a $10K "replica". That would make me pretty nervous.

As for TZ. I don't think I've seen any hit the $8K mark yet. If this guy's price is right it'll sell. Otherwise it'll just sit on the market. When I listed it over two years ago for $6900 and sold it in a few days, it was already being touted as the most expensive TZ ever sold locally. There has to be a value cap for every title. I know I wouldn't want to have that much invested in a TZ; regardless of the threat of Rick's Repros.

Reactions: bstock

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Most guys up here will be into their MMR for around $10K landed. Roughly the same price of an original these days.

Assuming you paid your MMR in full back when our dollar was better because most guys I am talking to said they will be into closer to $11-11.5k after the dust settles. It kind of makes my original MM not seem so over priced anymore :p

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I'm not sure I'd want to own a $10K "replica". That would make me pretty nervous.
The other thing that makes me nervous about MMr rerelease is that the parts are not interchangeable with originals which leads me to believe they are not true faithful reproductions. Oh well, I guess we will see in the next few weeks when these things roll out.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The other thing that makes me nervous about MMr rerelease is that the parts are not interchangeable with originals which leads me to believe they are not true faithful reproductions. Oh well, I guess we will see in the next few weeks when these things roll out.

I personally prefer having a nice original over MMR for the same money. At least if I need to troubleshoot anything I can swap a board with another one of my WPC95 titles like my Congo or TOTAN. Worse case scenario there is always Rottendog replacement boards if things are really borked.

I don't think MMR was ever meant to be a 100% reproduction of the original except for looks (minus Williams logo) and game play. The new boards are suppose to be more reliable then the old boards but only time will tell. That is all I would be nervous about owning a MMR is the lack of troubleshooting or guides available online to fix things. For the first few months or years you will probably have to lean on PPS (or Chicago Gaming) for support? I'm sure things will get better once they release other remakes like that use the same system and an online knowledge base or wiki gets built.

But not only are certain key parts such as the boards not interchangeable but they might not be serviceable by yourself anymore because of SMT components. I'm sure it won't be a big deal with some practice but there is always our local resident expert Menace (aka Doug) you can call on to fix your boards once your MMR is out of warranty :)

Just remember his hourly rates are:

my0xKmU1ndNc9-5xX4op0ig.jpg