• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

No Longer Needed: Detroit pick-up, Toronto delivery

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: Needed: Detroit pick-up, Toronto delivery

What are you bringing back Drew?

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto

Spiderman -if I can find a way to get it here.
Might break down and rent a van, but if someone else is already going that way, I'd much rather kick in some cash instead.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Found it and looks very nice too :) --> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... t-michigan

You spent much time playing a SM? If not come on by and spend some time on mine and make sure like it. If you commit to this one in Detroit you will have quite a bit of money into it and if you decide to turf it expect to eat the taxes and transport fees.

$6400usd (~$6,659.76cad) + $865.77 (13% tax) + $150-200 (transportation fees)

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto

Yup -pricey. But I MUST have it!!
: )
Besides, not that expensive when you compare it to any of the new pins being released, and this one is proven at least!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Chambahz said:
Besides, not that expensive when you compare it to any of the new pins being released, and this one is proven at least!

SM is a great game but I would wait till Vengeance does his analysis of it first because my TOM stock went down 50% today :oops:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

I will assist if I am able to. I am unsure how much space is available.
It appears that we may be the only traveling vehicle north/south.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I wouldn't do it Drew unless you have USD on hand because $6400usd ~ $6881.72cdn via Paypal exchange rate plus their service fees too. I asked my friend to send Adriano $260usd and it ended up costing me $287cdn after it was all said and done. So basically I lost 6% :evil:

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto

Good call Mike -except that I would likely get USD here at the bank and deliver it in person. Better exchange rate and no PayPal fees.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Chambahz said:
Good call Mike -except that I would likely get USD here at the bank and deliver it in person. Better exchange rate and no PayPal fees.

I will do that next time too and deliver the USD cash to Drano. So you going to cross the border and bring it back yourself now?

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto

Either that or give the cash to the person who's going. -Provided they're really well known in the community.
I figure if you're going to trust them with a pin, you may as well trust them with the cash, right?

Judging by the lack or response, I expect I'll just rent a van and go myself next weekend or so.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Drew, you am crazy! I betcha if you offered $7k for a SM at the usual sites (here, Kijiji, that other forum) you'd find one locally pretty quick. I'd sell you mine for that in a heartbeat if I didn't know that I'd just want to buy another one in a month or so. lol

great game..

- B

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

As a Spiderman owner even I agree with the "pass on this one" crowd. The one you are looking at is in nice shape and includes a ton of modes, but you will be paying top dollar for it. Many of the mods, at least to me are no big deal. The only mod Spiderman has to have is the shaker motor. After that it's just eye candy. I can pass on eye candy, I'd rather put that money towards another game.

At the end of the day, you will have a ton into the game counting exchange rate, taxes, and gas. Oh wait, some collectors feel you should include all that! LOL! Right.

I would suggest buying one more local to you for a bit more realistic price. It's your call and my advice is worth what you paid :lol:

Good luck either way,
Duane

P.S.a $7K offer would get you a ton of Spidermans for sale locally. They might not be modded to the t!ts though. At $7K, I would be carrying mine up the stairs LOL!

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto

Well, let's see what happens if I post a wanted ad for a HUO Spiderman for $6750.
Thanks for the comments!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

TwilightZone said:
At $7K, I would be carrying mine up the stairs LOL!

Try that on my stairs Duane :lol:

6246744646_5b76c4e89b_z.jpg

Ballyboy double folded a piece of cardboard between the head and side rails so we hit a snag here at the bottom. Keith is removing that latch in this pic so we can clear the bottom.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto

Deal in the makings.
Nice to see that more pins are available if you don't mind paying over current market value.
Thanks for the help guys!

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

mwong168 said:
TwilightZone said:
At $7K, I would be carrying mine up the stairs LOL!

Try that on my stairs Duane :lol:

The way you are going through games, you really to get another house :lol: Those stairs are made for Hot Wheels collectors not pinball collectors :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Duane