• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

NiB Question

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
My NiB should be this week.
Looks like it is coming home in the back of a pickup (a good 2 hours).

I am thinking a good day or two for warming up and drying out if any moisture gets in ??? (just to be safe) I doubt the trailer from the warehouse was heated.

At least it sat in the warehouse 2 weeks. It's been thru quarantine.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I'd let it sit for a few hours in the sealed box in the heated room where it's going to be set up.

Moisture doesn't get in from cold air but condensation can happen on a cold object exposed to warm moist house air.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
It won't fit through the doorway in the box. (like a williams head won't)
I have a walk in basement.
It gets unboxed in the garage,
Carried down to the sawhorses,
Legs attached, casters, wheeled out to the pinball room.
I will set up my weed dehumidifier in the room for a day, leave the machine open, pf burped and I should be good.

My pin room has a small shelf dehumidifer. Just boosting it.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
It ain't.
And it is difficult to get back in place after removing the hinges as the plate to get enough room.
I bought another Williams (years later), got it to the bottom of the stairs and then I remembered. I had to hold the head sideways as we rolled it through.
More than one reason to stick to newer pins.
They fit doorways without removing the door.
Always loved JD, but its a wide body... Too much hassle to get it in and out.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
It ain't.
And it is difficult to get back in place after removing the hinges as the plate to get enough room.
I bought another Williams (years later), got it to the bottom of the stairs and then I remembered. I had to hold the head sideways as we rolled it through.
More than one reason to stick to newer pins.
They fit doorways without removing the door.
Always loved JD, but its a wide body... Too much hassle to get it in and out.

Weird. The only games I've had not fit through doors because the head is too wide are sys11. But they fit sideways.

Also. Wms WPC heads are all the same width. Widebody games don't have a wider head.