• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Need Some minor help Gottlieb Genesis

dannyc

Oct 29, 2014
niagara falls
I picked up my second machine in one week. safe to say I am quickly getting hooked on pinball. It's a gottlieb genesis.
It has leds added throughout the playfield. Works very well.
Issues are the fluorescent light in the back glass isn't on and I have put in a new bulb. The coin door is banged up and the robots casket is open and it should be closed at the beginning of a game.

The coin door is obvious.. I'll get a new one

I have checked to make sure the grounds are all good on the fluorescent.

For the robots should I take the glass out hit the sequence for the robot and try to see what happens?

Sorry for all the questions but being new to pinball I'd like to trouble shoot with the most knowledge ahead of time

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
For the florescent, check the starter, could just be the starter is no good.

You can either take off the glass, or just go into the tests, the game does have a test for the motor. If the motor doesn't run, then you have to start digging into the why.

dannyc

Oct 29, 2014
niagara falls
Got all the lights working now and got the motor to spin. I also lubed the gears. What a treat when the robot is built. This is a very fun game. Does any one know how to completely reset the high scores? I don't understand the jumpers thing plus there is nothing listed for player one.