• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Need help touching up a playfield

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I'm looking to hire someone to come to my place and touch up a playfield. The only spot is from the kick out hole so I'm hoping I don't have to move Bobby for this.

I appreciate the 'you can do it yourself' advice but I really don't trust myself to do this and if you knew my level of skill with hand/eye coordination jobs you'd agree :)

Thanks

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rqxEGa] 2015-03-22_10-32-17 [/URL]

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Bob,
I could try and touch it up for you but, without stripping the playfeild, it would be impossible to clearcoat and protect the area.
I know Brock did a nice job on his Pinball Pool and managed to do some spot clear, but you'd still want to remove some stuff.

I've also done acrylic touchups and just waxed them (if it's not a hard wearing game) or placed a dot of mylar over the repair if it is an area prone to wear... as this kickout hole most certainly is. It'll provide longer term protection without the hassle of clearcoating

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Thanks, it appears I'm starting my first Project (capital P) on Saturday so let me think about how to proceed with this. I can't imagine have 2 machines in pieces at the same time when I only have 3 in total (with a 4th on the way).

Last edited:

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Drano's idea of match the acrylic colour and then mylar overtop would probably work very well and for a long time. Minimal intrusion to the machine as well.

Mxzmark

Feb 22, 2015
Lucan ON
I agree with draino on this one paint it and then wax it and put a Mylar dot on it to protect it. I like to use createx airbrush paints but acrylic will do. I find reds hard to get a good match but the nice thing about createx paints are you can just wipe it off with a rag and alcohol if it looks bad. To set createx paints you have to heat them with a hair dryer. If you can get a good match there is no shame in having a small chip in the paint after all most games of that age have one near the lockout hole. Good luck.