• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Need Board Work

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I've accepted that the work required to troubleshoot and fix the issue with the power driver board on my WCS94 is above my current knowledge and ability.

I require the assistance of someone who is more experienced with PCB repair.

If it's possible I'd love to be involved in the process so I could learn a bit about this kind of stuff.

Because of my location, I doubt if anyone will be in the area any time soon (but if you are interested in a vacation to Timmins, my home is open to you!). I'm more than happy to bring the power driver board to anyone who is willing to give me a hand.

If you haven't read about the issue I'm having, you can find it in the tech section labeled WCS94 Ball Trough.

If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can work out the details.

Thanks,
Ben

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have heard nothing but good things about Clive's board repairs from many members on pinside and RGP in the past, here is the site and contact information:

http://www.lockwhenlit.com

Alternatively you can just replace your power driver board with a new drop in replacement from Rottendog.

wp713ee7b7_05_06.jpg

http://rottendog.us/WDB089.html

Regardless if you have no experience doing board work I would highly recommend leaving it to the experts because you can make it worse or create more work such as lifting traces by applying too much or not enough heat from your soldering iron. Good luck!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
mwong168 said:
Alternatively you can just replace your power driver board with a new drop in replacement from Rottendog.

I know a lot of guys scoff at Rottendog and other replacement boards... but if you can't do your own board reapirs (or have a friend who can :) ) the money you might spend on sending a 30 year old board out for repairs is usually enough to cover most, if not all, of the cost of a modern replacement.

Just sayin'

Scorpio

May 13, 2013
Keswick ON
I received outstanding service from Tim and Wayne at Nabours Novelty in Minesota for a Williams System 7 driver and MPU Board. I highly recommend them for quick and and knowledgeable service at a reasonable price.

hurricane

Nov 15, 2012
Quinte West, Ontario
Re: Need Board Work

by DRANO » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 am

mwong168 wrote:

I know a lot of guys scoff at Rottendog and other replacement boards... but if you can't do your own board reapirs (or have a friend who can ) the money you might spend on sending a 30 year old board out for repairs is usually enough to cover most, if not all, of the cost of a modern replacement.

Just sayin'

Totally agree Drano - not only aren't their components 20-30 years old, they are interchangeable amongst many games. For me, I look at the degree of damage and amount of work required to fix it, then make a decision whether to repair or replace.

bstock - hope it works out for you whatever you decide.