• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

My ST Pro Refinery Edition- props to seller Quarter Grabber

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Last Friday I bought a ST Pro Refinery Edition from Quarter Grabber. The whole experience was excellent and left me with no doubt that I would buy a game from QG again - without hesitation!

The machine, a Refinery Edition, was tastefully upgraded with a number of additional mods. It was meticulously maintained as were all games in his collection. This seller was very particular about keeping his games in top condition. ST was spotless. Even on the outside there was no dust on the cabinet or fingerprints to be seen. Clearly this is one seller who pays attention to details, something which I appreciate.

Thanks Quarter Grabber. It was a pleasure.

A few pics of the game:

Custom translite
IMG_20140916_110228.jpg

IMG_20140914_195652.jpg

IMG_20140916_110126.jpg

IMG_20140916_111226.jpg

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Re: My ST Pro Refinery Edition- props to seller Quarter Grab

Thanks Barry! Great guy to hang out with, even bought me coffee. So I got the full payment plus a free coffee, what else can you ask for? :D

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener

Great game, I've only spent about a hour on one of these machines, but very fun.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Let's not forget who helped put you two in touch ;)

I got to see and play this game last weekend at Barry's and words can't describe what a great job the Refinery guys with the game along with some of the other personal touches added by Ryan such as that translite. I sure how TWD LE doesn't disappoint Ryan because I'm sure it was hard to give up this Star Trek but at least you know it is in good hands. If Barry ever decides to move it out you will be the first to call and not flipped to the wild like some douchebags we unfortunately have in this hobby.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I'm still on the fence about this game.

On one hand I really like the flow of the shots, and the whole combo system is pretty neat, making it actually worthwhile to keep shooting on the fly.

But on the other hand, any game where timing out modes is more lucrative then playing them has always bugged me. Yes I know that there are larger score opportunities to play all the modes, but if the choice is play the mode and possibly drain or time out and make it to Kobiyashi the choice is clear.

The new rules are interesting and I don't understand them all yet, need to spend more time, just not sure if it will make it into my gameroom or not.

Biggest issue for me is I've cut myself off, no more buying games till the spring, focusing on what I have, getting it ALL working, and then thinking about what is staying and what is going. Only game I would break this for is a Stargazer.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

The game is definitely growing on me, that's for sure, and that refinery edition looks really nice. I like the side rails and the alt translite-almost looks better than the LE. I don't think I'd move something out to get one of them yet, but I like playing it when I get the chance.