• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

My Container Games from Gerry

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Thanks guys.

Chris, FT was always around my local arcade as a kid so I wanted to have one.
I always remembered it being light hearted and fun. It truly is a neat game that has some simple shots and relatively easy objectives, but throw in proper lightning flippers and make sure it's dialed in, and its up there with the best of them IMO. I love me some Mark Ritchie left ramp/right ramp action :)
I think it is a great value too. Some hate the music, but I laugh every time I play it. Next to white water, they make a great one-two punch.

Rob,
Anytime you wanna beta test, just come on by.
Sadly, I think game #3 (TOTAN) will not make its debut on this thread for quite some time.
That game will be getting the royal treatment but it's second in line after CC.
All good thing to those who wait though.
It will be a superfluous example once I'm done.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Fish Tales is part of the Hillbilly triathalon: FT, Big Buck Hunter Pro, Nascar. Not clear how anyone could not like it. Now if I could just get my hands on a reasonably priced Nascar.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Finally got around to installing lightning flippers last night.
It makes a huge difference in how this game plays.
The green rubber adds a nice touch and matches the art nicely.

Also went around changing out bulbs and giving it a cursory cleaning to tide me over until a proper job can be done.
Lots of the 555 sockets are not making good contact and some of the light PCBs even appear to have loose header pins.
Looks like ill have to reflow and check connections.

Hope this pic loads the right way up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,387

1rushfan

Apr 14, 2013
Richmond HIll
Anybody have a quick overview of how buying a game from gerry works? Is it cash up front and hope he fills a container? I remember seeing some posts that he had a countdown on how many more commitments he needed before he pulled the trigger on ordering the container so i can only guess he needs the cash in advance with a refund if it doesnt happen.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Gerard is competing with other buyers around the world. If they can complete a container sooner and want some of the games we've requested, there is always a chance of losing that game.

You pay up front for the most part. All taxes and shipping to QC included.

That's the Coles Notes version.

tim.sanderson

I think there's a post on it somewhere, but I'll give you a really quick re-cap on my experience:
A list of games is posted. They range from A-list down to the less popular games.
You pick what you want. If that game is scooped up by someone else's container deal, you have to pick another one. (I picked Super Mario first. I lost that one to another container, so I then picked Rescue 911)
I paid for the machine. A certain number of the machines have to be less desirable machines before the container can go through. (my R911 happened to be one of those)
You wait, follow the container's progress (a little to closely in my case :p) across the ocean. It lands in Quebec. You wait for it to clear customs. Then you figure out how to get it home from there.

:)