• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Modern Pinball NYC Opens For Business In Manhattan

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
ModernPinball-Storefront.jpg

For those travelling to NYC in the near future be sure to stop by Modern Pinball NYC which is now open for business. It is not an arcade but an interactive showroom with 35 pins which can all be purchased. Click the link below for more details:

Vending Times: Modern Pinball NYC Opens For Business In Manhattan

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Jeebus... Being in Manhattan I can just imagine how crazy the prices would be to support a location like that. Pinflation to the rescue!

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Menace said:
Jeebus... Being in Manhattan I can just imagine how crazy the prices would be to support a location like that. Pinflation to the rescue!

D

I think you are right and they are charging more then SB for NIB pricing :lol:

http://modernpinballnyc.com/games-list/

STAR TREK (Stern) Price: $5,999 — Holiday Sale: $5,699
Metallica Price: $5,999 — Holiday Sale: $5,599
AC/DC (“Let There Be Rock” Limited Edition) Price for PRO Edition: $5,999 — Holiday Sale: $5,699

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
That place looks awesome! Good for Steve to bring pinball back to the streets of NYC! He owned the legendary Broadway Arcade in NYC back in the day.

I see this as more of an 'interactive showroom' vs. sales. I'm assuming the games are setup to take coin and that's how they are going to make it work although I could be very wrong.

A must visit spot if I find myself in NYC. Thanks for the heads up.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
cdnpinballer said:
I see this as more of an 'interactive showroom' vs. sales. I'm assuming the games are setup to take coin

You pay one price to play ( like 20 bucks or so) and then if you decide to buy a machine, then any of the money you have dumped into that machine they take off your purchase price.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Seems a great way to get around outdated pinball "gambling" laws. If you have an arcade you would be limited to how many machines you can have at once on the floor.

But if it's a "showroom" then that's totally different.

Could this work in Toronto?

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Nate of Coast2Coast Pinball visits this place on a recent episode and gives a trip report...link below. $20 for a day pass wristband. Not bad. If you were a NYC local (probably wouldn't have room for too many games in your apartment, anyway) and went once per week for a year, you'd have a cool $1000 to shave off the price of a game. Almost like a crazy expensive redemption game.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-44-manhattan-musings-or-buy-a-shirt-please_6606

(Also, some guy with a pinball tattoo is mentioned at the end of this episode...pinball tattoos, what is this hobby coming to?)

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Just got back from the Grand Opening Tournament.

This place rules and I will definitely be back for the next big one.

Also worth a visit is the Silverball Museum in Ashbury Park (NJ), and Sunshine Laundromat in Greenpoint (BKLYN).

Silverball is cool, but most games are on 5 ball and set up pretty easy.
Big plus is the huge collection of older games and BYOB.
Laundromat was amazing. All games in tip top shape, and set up to PAPA difficulty standards.

Some pics...

Attachments

• 738.JPG
    738.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 739.JPG
    739.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 742.JPG
    742.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 103
  • 746.JPG