• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Mirco Playfields at Allentown

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Mirco posted this morning on pinside and if you are looking for any of these playfields might be a good idea to contact him ahead of time so that way so don't come back empty handed.

Hi!

I would like to announce that I will be at the Pinfest show in Allentown with playfields. It would be great if you could let me know if you plan to buy a playfield there, so that I can plan what to bring. The following playfields will be available:

Monster Bash will be ready for the show and first time available there. It will be available for shipping when I return mid of Mai as well.

Monster Bash 849$
Scared Stiff 899$
Medieval Madness 879$
Star Trek tng 899$
Twilight Zone -RED version - 859$
White Water 779$

Please email if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Mirco

I'm not sure what Mirco's email is but you can visit his webpage and fill out this form here:
http://www.highclasspinballs.com/catalog/contact_us.php

or here is his pinside thread if you have an account on there to send him a PM.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... -ss-others

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Buyer beware though, I've heard of nothing but problems with a lot of Mirco's PF's. "Orange-peeling", wrong colours, inserts missing their artwork, pitting, some are dimpled -- some are not, etc. I don't know if quality has gotten better since, but YMMV.

Just a heads up

- B

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
For what it's worth IPB playfields aren't any better but better then nothing if you have a grailer or keep game with a blown out playfield. Here are some videos HEP HEP made comparing a MM NOS vs IPB vs Mirco playfield along with corrections he had to make.

Medieval Madness Repro playfield fit corrections
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLAssdv2pYixCD1_WhswenWSvknl4NrRdc&v=TqGePEZxb3g&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Medieval Madness repro playfield clear application and evaluation
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLAssdv2pYixCD1_WhswenWSvknl4NrRdc&feature=player_detailpage&v=AxRUkwVJ5Kk[/youtube]

MM repro pf (Mirco Version)pt 1
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-quoPRIMylM&feature=player_detailpage&list=PLAssdv2pYixCD1_WhswenWSvknl4NrRdc[/youtube]

MM repro pf (Mirco Version)pt 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... vknl4NrRdc

Drano can probably chime in too as he has experience correcting his Mirco WH20 playfield in his restore and I'm sure Menace will have a few good words to say about the IPB TAF playfield he swapped in last year :twisted:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think all manufacturers have suffered from errors. Mostly due to fit and accuracy of the physical features. Even CPR isn't perfect.
But, in Mirco's case, it's also been about incorrect artwork and colours in many cases. His pink TZ playfields were hilarious.
Wh20 was repairable, but unfortunate.

Here are some pics of what I had to deal with.

Attachments

• MIRCO_PF error 01.jpg
    MIRCO_PF error 01.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 171
  • MIRCO_PF error 02.jpg
    MIRCO_PF error 02.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 172
  • MIRCO_PF error 03.jpg
    MIRCO_PF error 03.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 171

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
DRANO said:
Here are some pics of what I had to deal with.

Did you correct any of the above "imperfections" before installation? They are minor for sure...I didn't notice them at all when looking at the PF or playing your game, and I own a WH20! But to an owner like you who poured a lot of work into the restore, YOU know they are there.

Also...the PF art has the overall look of being "heavy handed", thicker black outlining...apparent the most on the features of Willy...that's something I did notice when playing your game. The canyon walls also look a little darker and more fleshed out which looks way better on yours than the original IMHO. I guess with any repro, or even different PF manufacturers during the initial run, there are bound to be subtle differences.

tim.sanderson

I didn't read the captions before trying to figure out the differences between your photos. The only one I got was the insets. I had to read the others , and even then, it took me a few more seconds.

I agree with Rob, they may be small flaws but I'm sure once you notice little problems like that they stick out like a sore thumb!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
tim.sanderson said:
I agree with Rob, they may be small flaws but I'm sure once you notice little problems like that they stick out like a sore thumb!

Absolutely they do. I could live with slight colour differences, but mistakes like poor shooter lanes, zero dimples and especially improper insert type is pretty unacceptable IMO. If you're paying top dollar for these things, I'd imagine you'd want them as close as possible (within reason of course ie. colours, no two PF's are alike in that regard)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
spiroagnew said:
Did you correct any of the above "imperfections" before installation? They are minor for sure...I didn't notice them at all when looking at the PF or playing your game, and I own a WH20! But to an owner like you who poured a lot of work into the restore, YOU know they are there.

Also...the PF art has the overall look of being "heavy handed", thicker black outlining...apparent the most on the features of Willy...that's something I did notice when playing your game. The canyon walls also look a little darker and more fleshed out which looks way better on yours than the original IMHO. I guess with any repro, or even different PF manufacturers during the initial run, there are bound to be subtle differences.

Yes,
I airbrished all of the mistakes and had to order a set of screened insert decals to fix the lock/lite inserts. This last one was the biggest issue for me because that text really should be visible when the insert is not lit. Without the white outline, it's quite terrible. The missing orange I could have lived with.

When Mirco has had colour issues, they tend not to be very subtle unfortunately. You'll notice that he carefully states "RED" on his TZ playfields now. The first run he did was all pink...and it covered a huge portion of the lower pf art... including a pink santa :lol:

Here's some of what I had to do on WH2O.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0929b.jpg
    IMG_0929b.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 133

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Drano is not only a talented artist but also a perfectionist when it comes to his work. Here is a pic of him in action sanding the ceramic clear coat off his brand spankin' new Mirco WH20 repro playfield before he could start making the needed corrections.

13982625385_860cefa57a_b.jpg