• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Metallica New Code v1.22

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
New Code for Metallica was posted on Stern's site yesterday here.

PRO
V1.22 - August 13, 2013
=======================

- Fixed some issues with instant info. Cross multiball lit and electric chair multiball lit screens were not clearing the display before rendering their text. This has been corrected. Added a border to the snake letter screen for instant info so it can be more easily distinguished from the snake letter display effect that is run during the game.
- A right top lane award was calling the award function with the ID of the left top lane. This has been corrected.
- Snake multiball combo multiplier maximum changed from 5x to 3x.
- Changed the award display effect for super skill shot to display the special awards (light playfield multiplier, light coffin hurry-up, light mystery, etc.) when they are collected. (The "light hurry-up" awards are currently disabled until the skill shot is reworked to be more balanced/valuable.)
- Added more switches that tell the system that the ball is on the playfield. Added an adjustment to tell the system that the ball is on the playfield for certain known "flaky" switches (drop targets, pop bumpers, slingshots).

PREMIUM/LE
V1.22 - August 13, 2013
=======================

- Changed the timings for aborting out of the hammer sequence after the ball has been detected and grabbed by the magnet, as the non-presence of the ball is reported much more slowly by the new firmware as compared to the old firmware.
- Added cross/snake/sparky lamps to seek and destroy background lamp effect for "seek" state.
- Coffin magnet "grab" time lowered from .9 sec to .8 sec.
- Added a display effect for hitting the snake in the jaw during snake multiball.
- Fixed some issues with instant info. Cross multiball lit and electric chair multiball lit screens were not clearing the display before rendering their text. This has been corrected. Added a border to the snake letter screen for instant info so it can be more easily distinguished from the snake letter display effect that is run during the game.
- A right top lane award was calling the award function with the ID of the left top lane. This has been corrected.
- Snake multiball combo multiplier maximum changed from 5x to 3x.
- Changed the award display effect for super skill shot to display the special awards (light playfield multiplier, light coffin hurry-up, light mystery, etc.) when they are collected. (The "light hurry-up" awards are currently disabled until the skill shot is reworked to be more balanced/valuable.)
- Added more switches that tell the system that the ball is on the playfield. Added an adjustment to tell the system that the ball is
on the playfield for certain known "flaky" switches (drop targets, pop bumpers, slingshots).

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brewmanager said:
Will this code enable enough flipper strength to make a ramp shot at SB?

Probably not and not required. I find most of the games in the SB showroom are never setup or dialed properly out of the box which is a shame because how can you sell a pinball to someone if it plays lousy. If I was a sales person there I would play the games at least once every few days to ensure any issues like weak flippers, burnt out bulbs or switches not registering was addressed by the service department.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Updating my game as I type after changing up another song. Gotta love it !

As for Starburst TO, everything I've heard is that they have no interest in selling you a game whatsoever.

Weird?