• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Made in Canada - Home made toppers - LOTR, TZ

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Ever since my first pinball machine, SM, and the time I was in a Toys4us and seeing a spidy piggy-bank on discount, I thought it would be cool to make a topper. When you make it yourself it is unique, could be cheaper than what pro toppers are being sold for and it can be pretty creative. Well, the SM has been long since traded, but my 3 pins have home made toppers. Hope you like them and Id like to see yours.

This is my topper for my LOTR:
» YouTube video

The topper itself is a mini-statue Sideshow Collectibles call The Crack of Doom. When picking the topper I went with this since "Destroy the Ring" is a central part of the pins game-play. The red lighting is a fire-effect LED kit from an online model train store. Ive added flasher to the top of the machine and they are wired into the Destroy the Ring flasher and it creates a nice effect. Hope you like it...

Reactions: kvoxx

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Here is my topper for my TZ, I just finished the topper. There are lots of great TZ toppers and when I got my machine I asked myself what is the perfect topper for this pin and I thought a replica of an old school TV playing real episodes of the Twilight Zone:
» YouTube video

The episodes being played are the episodes that were the creative influence behind the art work and theme of the pinball machine. So talking tina is represented by the episode "The Living Doll", the cannon on the backglass is represented by one of the Civil War episodes "The Passerby", the Camera is inspired by the episode "A most unusual Camera" and the episode playing on my video is the ending of " The Monsters are due on Maple Street."

The TV housing was picked up on ebay, was soooo lucky to find a miniature sized "floor-model" and the videos are playing on a portable dvd player. Four episodes per DVD and 16 episodes are on 4 DVDs that I made up. As well, during the commercial breaks I inserted all 3 openings of the TV show since the are so cool. The toughest part was dremeling out a channel along the inside of the TV to centre the portable dvd player screen in the TV housing.

BTW, Im going to put my TZ up for sale soon, Ill have pics up soon when I have time to pull that together, its a beauty...

Reactions: kvoxx and brad808