• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS LOTR

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Next up is my one of a kind LOTR. It is not an LE, seems to be way nicer than an LE. Asking price is $14750

Unique mods:
-1 of only 3 machines WorldWide that has the Lior art of pinball decals. As far as I know, there was a thread on inside regarding this. He could only make 3 as it would have violated copyright?
-I was told (though can't confirm), that it was one of the last games Mike Chestnut brass plated. Even if it wasn't, the plating is beautiful.
-custom translight and Apron Magnet
-replica Sting Sword covering ramp

other mods: so many to list, I will start from the head down
-pinsound upgraded speakers and Sub
-pinsound plus board (allows you to ad movie soundtrack - full disclosure, not sure how to get good files on it)
-Speaker panel ring inserts
-speaker lights
-speaker panel decal
-glowing/fire(?) ring mod
-lit mount doom
-lit orthanc tower
-POtD 4 figure lit mod
-Silly old Elf Art Blades
-extra figures
-Arwen plastic protector
-cliffys (I don't know what it looks like under them, no visible wear from what I can tell
-Flipper bat toppers
-OCD boards for the LED lights (I think that is what it is called ?)
-The one Ring shooter
-sword tip and Shire Decals
- cabinet leg protectors (don't want to wreck the decals)!
-Palantir (I will include an extra planter mod as well - the ball isn't glued on the base, I got it that way to adjust viewing angle)
-stronger flipper coils - though, I think that they are too strong

I am probably forgetting some. I will post a pic of the machine tonight. Serious inquiries I can take detailed pics of anything you'd like.

Full disclosure:

-This game is not HUO in my opinion. I bought it from another PBR member who is no longer on the site. His friends have played it and wanted to buy it before I did.
-The back right leg is a fairly loose (I don't like it). I have extra brackets I ordered from PBL or Marco, I will include them so a buyer can replace. Doesn't affect gameplay, makes it easier to control the ball, but I want to be honest).
-As stated above, the Pinsound acts up(?) a little when trying to play a movie soundtrack. Not sure why, didn't really care to look into it. The pin sound board and speakers are brand new - so no issue there.
-If you go on Pinside, under the LOTR owners thread, I am Hollywood. I asked a question about the game "resetting" on me. There were some very simple answers...I was just too lazy to look into it. Again, as per my other for sale threads, I don't play my games, so looking into it; just never got around to it. Played my game last night, 4 games, never had a problem. just wanted to have a buyer be aware.

-IF THERE IS ANY ISSUE, I am more than willing to cover the repair needed - I just don't care to look, and don't have a lot of pinball repair options down in this area that I know of. I am not sure if Doug in the TO area is still servicing, but he would be the only one I know to call and I didn't want to have him come down to take a look.

Again, thanks for looking. Please don't price police, move on if not interested.

Thanks
Kyle

Last edited:

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Just an overview pic

Attachments

• B3E91BAB-5089-4EC0-B222-134F05C8447C.jpeg
    B3E91BAB-5089-4EC0-B222-134F05C8447C.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 397
  • B6680EA7-A57F-438E-AA69-53C9FD59CD85.jpeg
    B6680EA7-A57F-438E-AA69-53C9FD59CD85.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 386
  • AE90CE07-360E-4781-B37F-E7E952FDBFA3.jpeg
    AE90CE07-360E-4781-B37F-E7E952FDBFA3.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 2A7BA564-169F-4094-A416-5AE5056B571F.jpeg
    2A7BA564-169F-4094-A416-5AE5056B571F.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 379

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've known Kyle for over 10 years and great. His games have always been pretty mint as seen in pictures and exactly as described so deal with confidence here guys. Good luck with your sale and LOTR is one of the games I always miss since selling mine twice in the past.

Reactions: dnaman and neo_geo

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Thanks Mike.
I will Never get another like this I know. Sadly, lawyers are expensive.
Anyone on here a family lawyer that can answer some questions? Lol

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
If you need a lawyer for what I think, it's definitely provincial jurisdiction so you need to speak to an Ontario family lawyer.

Good luck.

I sold all my games as well for probably the same reason in 2009. Got back into it 10 years later and although I thought I'd forever miss the games from back then, times change and I'm way happier with the lineup now TBH.

Things may get way worse than you think they can but then they will eventually get better. And then you'll realize that things are WAY better and the rough part was worth it.

Reactions: dnaman and pingod

Arsenal129

Dec 18, 2022
Winnipeg
I agree with MrMikeman you haven’t lived unless you’ve gone through one of those. As someone who went through one always take the high road especially if kids are involved. It’s way better in the end and far cheaper.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Thanks guys!
This is technically my second one….my wife and I split 12 years ago…amicably, super smooth.
This is a girl that I lived with for 3 years 4 months!!! Who knew about cohabitation agreements?!?! I mean WTF? She did nothing…worked for me 12 hours a week, had mental health issues and now after moving her out…she wants waaay too much. Insane.

Damien

Sep 25, 2016
Toronto
Good luck with sale.

This is a top 3 game to me.

I wouldn't sell mine ever, and I feel like most owner's have that opinion.

If you like deep, immersive games with fantastic shots that never get old, this is the one!

Reactions: neo_geo