• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Lord of the Rings led 19 ring board

Haelryan

Oct 2, 2013
CLgary
So 2 of the white leds on the ring board aren't lighting, seems to be a reasonably common issue, before ordering a new board i thought i would try replacing the leds and see if that fixes it. Anyone done this and any advice on what leds you used and where you bought them. Looks like the are standard 5mm leds, but thought i would check and see if anyone else has done this?

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I've done it and it didn't go well. I couldn't find an exact match I was happy with. Wrote stern an email to get part numbers and specs for leds but they were way off and too bright. In the end I just replaced the whole board because one came up for sale. I still have my other one though and will get back to it eventually. For now it's been pushed to the back burner though.

Haelryan

Oct 2, 2013
CLgary
Just a heads up that tried this tonight with some white leds my dad had and worked perfectly, first attempt fixed one of the two dead lights and second attempt got the other. So it can be done.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Just a heads up that tried this tonight with some white leds my dad had and worked perfectly, first attempt fixed one of the two dead lights and second attempt got the other. So it can be done.
Sweet. Care to share the specs of the LEDs you used?

LOTRbreath

Jan 30, 2016
Alabama
Wow. Marco has this board for $89. I remember when I first got my LOTR in 2008 those LED boards were around $39-49. Parts keep going up.