• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Looking for Atari SUPER SPRINT bezel [FOUND err MADE]

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I know this is primarily a pinball forum, but the admins over at CGCC.ca seem to not want to reply to my registration requests and get my account up and running... so I'm sure I'll find a few vid guys here.

Recently picked up a nice Atari Super Sprint from DavidC near Montreal.
This is my first vid and, although the game condition is pretty decent, I'm attempting to make it shine.

One of the things I'd like to find is a really nice bezel (the cardboard shroud around the monitor).
Mine is 'okay' but it must have had some operator stickers on it at some point and they have been painted over with a flat black paint.
You have to be right in front of the game to notice, but I'd still love to find a better one if possible.

For those interested, some of the other things I'll be doing to the game include:

-patch, sand and repaint of any surfaces with wear and tear
-all new graphics purchased for cabinet sides, face and control panel
-repair to metal control panel (small piece cracked off and is missing)
-some new steering wheel housings and general cleanup of all parts
-new plywood footplate with pedals (the pedals had been restored by Sparky, but the base plate is trashed... so I'm making a new one)
-cleanup/paint of coin door
-repair broken/hacked connectors inside CP
-new (colour matched) start buttons
-new black t-molding throughout

The game also has some small 'artifacts' on screen. They do not affect gameplay, but everyone I've spoken to suggests that it is likely a simple RAM issue. I'm waiting on some more seasoned help with that one ;)

Should be a nice example once all these little things are done.

Thanks in advance for any leads/tips on a new bezel.

Subpacket

Nov 16, 2012
Re: Looking for Atari SUPER SPRINT monitor bezel

I know a guy that made his own.. Ill send you the details...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: Looking for Atari SUPER SPRINT monitor bezel

Menace said:

Funny ;)

Guess I should update this thread.

So I scanned and made my own. Actually, I have two now.
Selling the 2nd one to help offset some costs.
lemme know if you need one.

Now, if the guys at CGCC would get around to verifying my account, I'd post it FS there.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 171