• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Kijiji sellers beware!

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
This morning I posted my F-14 on kijiji. http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=517185907 I included my work cell phone number in the add, and within minutes I received a text message. I'll omit personal info, just in case this is not a scammer.

From guy:
Is this tomcat pinball still available for sale and in good condition? If yes email at cla*******80@hotmail.com I will be waiting to read back from you.

So I immediately reply to the email address.

Me 10:14 am
This game is still available. It is in good working condition. The only problem on start up is the pop bumper switch, and I have a replacement. Its not installed yet.

From guy: 10:16 am
Whats your final price?

Me: 10:24 am
I don't want to move much from the asking price. As you can tell, the machine has had lots of work and many new parts. I feel at 2000 it Is already a loss for me. The MPU, pinscore display, LEDs and playfield protector are worth over a grand by themselves.

From guy: 1026 am
2000 is your price?

Me: 10:26 am
Yah, if you'd like to come see it, let me know.

From guy: 10:28 am
I'm okay with the price and condition, send me your Paypal email and your full name for payment, my shipping agent will be coming to pick it up today

Me: 10:29 am
Sorry I only deal with cash at pick-up. Where are you located? I can deliver for $2000

From guy: 10:30 am
I want you to know that i would have come with cash in hand myself and do the necessary things before concluding on payment but i'm not in the country right now due to work commitments, but i assure you that paypal is a reliable and very fast and means of payment. Just send me your paypal email and your full name for payment my shipping agent will be coming to pick it up.im really interested in buying the item. PayPal is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.

Me: 10:39 am
I'm in no rush to sell. Your first in line to get it. When will you be back in the country?

I know that paypal payments can be disputed for 45 days, and once my machine is out of my sight I have no real insurance that you won't complain to PayPal and get your money back.

Nothing against you. I'd just prefer to deal in person. I can hold the machine for you.
------------

I haven't heard back from the guy. It's been 5 hours. I think I caught onto his game.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
yep no way, as soo as a "shipping agent" is involved, no thanks.

What are you looking for in Trade? I've been looking for a F14 for a while.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Vengeance said:

I'd rather a sale, just put an offer on a house. I'd really like a simpsons game. Hopefully I'll find a DE simpsons until I can afford TSPP.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
bstock said:
Vengeance said:

Didn't you just sell an F14 a few months ago?

Yea, I was unhappy with the how badly all the inserts had raised, and didn't want to put the work in to fix it.

I still really want an F14, very tempted by this one, but don't think I'll pull the trigger, space being the major issue, I'd be buying it just to fold it up and that is stupid.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Anytime it's not cash slowly back away. Anytime it's not cash and they are very general in talking saying things like "the item" then run away :)

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Since your a hard core player, I'd suggest coming by and playing it first. The playfield protector has a different feel then anything else. It's flat. It's quick.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Ok I'm pissed. The same f#€k bucket contacted me again. Same scam. Wanted PayPal info. Said shipper would come today.

AVOID THIS BUYER.

Claire Sara.
512-765-4562 (sent txt message from this number). (512 area code wtf?)
Reply email address. Clairesara80@hotmail.com

I'd only do ca$h deals with this person. Watch out. Scammers be scamming