• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

HVLP - Input needed

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
Looking for home use HVLP setup for the garage.

I am talking about spraying cabs, part....etc, not clearing PF's. Anybody have experience or recommended setups including compressor?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
You'll want something with a decent CFM rating, and also look into buying a good line dryer as well. As for the gun, you'll get what you pay for so try not to buy the cheapest one available.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I use an IWATA LPH400. Probably overkill if you're not doing clearcoat.
I also just invested in one of these.

The CFM rating should do the trick and I will get plenty of use out of the compressor for many shop tasks, including running various air tools, sandblasting and other stuff.

But, if all you're doing is shooting paint, you may also want to look into some self-contained units that don't require the compressor.
They can be loud (unless you spend $$$ on the higher end units) but a good all-in-one solution for HVLP. I would not shoot auto clear with it though... maybe varathane.

The models I was looking into were from FUJI and I think they are even made here in Canada.

Attachments

• 8509697.jpg
    8509697.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 134
  • Fuji Semi PRO HVLP spray system.jpg
    Fuji Semi PRO HVLP spray system.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 134

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I watch a woodworking podcast and the guy highly recommends the Fuji unit. He mostly uses it for stains and varathane. If I was in the market for a high velocity low pressure sprayer, I'd probably get something like that.