• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

How to Wrap and Skid a pinball machine

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
For the visual folks here are pics of my first and only wrap and ship.

The buyer lived 400km away and considered driving down but I offered to ship. He e-transferred a deposit and made all arrangements with Sameday. Full payment was made before I started wrapping. Sameday have a terminal 15 minutes from my place and is where I sourced the pallet for free. Buyer was paying for shipping and offered to pay for the wrapping materials and straps. Cardboard I got from out behind a local furniture store.

Sameday gave me the largest pallet insisting it was the standard size. I knew it would easily accommodate a game standing upright on its end - which is how you ship pinball machines right? However, the buyer preferred (insisted) that I lay it flat despite my warnings that it wouldn't be safe. As I wrapped I could not let it go like that so I decided to add on a "bumper" to help things out. I had made arrangements to use my neighbour's pickup truck to get to the terminal, but being flat allowed it to fit into my van. All this wrapping took the better part of the afternoon.

At the terminal, buyer made final payment to Sameday over the phone. I sent on a couple of phones pics as the forklift hauled the game away. It arrived safe and sound a few days later.

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
Not sure if they've changed, but every time I've shipped (or received) a pinball by Maritime Ontario, they let you bring it in wrapped, but not on a pallet and then will proceed to pallet it and put it up on their wrapper for you (no extra charge). They would wrap it horizontal for safety. I had no damage on any of them whatsoever and they never packed anything on top of them. Great pricing as well.

I haven't done one in a year though.

The Tangled Web Guy.