• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

How to send money to the U.S. without Paypal?

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Anyone have any suggestions?
I want a pinball part from an american and he does'nt have a Paypal account.
Thanks.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Western Union? Send him USD Postal Money Order? Neither of those offer you any protection whatsoever, I'd look for the part from someone else personally unless he will ship first and you can pay later.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Thanks for the suggestions but those scare me a little...... it's something I can't get from anyone else, very rare NOS part.
I asked him if a friend or family member who has a Paypal account could accept the money for him.
We'll see.
Thanks.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
You can get a free Zelle account from CIBC, which is based in the US through CIBC US. Most Americans will accept Zelle.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Western Union? Send him USD Postal Money Order? Neither of those offer you any protection whatsoever, I'd look for the part from someone else personally unless he will ship first and you can pay later.
What information do I need to provide to Western Union to do the transaction? Is it simpler to make the transaction physicly at a Walmart Western Union?
The guy is on a forum that has feedback and he has a very good, more than 10 year, reputation., I think I'm safe.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
It has been a minute since I used Western Union so I'm not sure what info you need from the seller, name, address, telephone I assume, I checked their website quick and looks like you can actually send money online with them, which of course makes sense, the last time I did it was in person.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Thanks for the info, I did it in person at a Walmart with a Western Union counter, I always prefer in person, it's much easier and you can get an answer for each of your questions easilly without wasting a lot of time on a site before doing the transfer.

Reactions: roar

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
My fingers are crossed for you that all goes well, let us know how it works out! Sending cash with WU is so risky, I'm cheering for you!

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Thanks. Do you know KLOV forum ?
The guy is on that forum, his feedback is perfect with more than 10 years behind him.
He answered me after I said that the money was available, with the number he needed to withdraw it, saying that he will go pick up the money within the next few days and will get back to me with the tracking number.
I think he's a trust worthy guy but we'll see soon enough.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
wire transfer is the cheapest. Buy USD currency from Knightsbridge in Ottawa/Toronto, they deposit directly to your account and you send the wire after or they can send the wire for you, the latter you'll need to check with them.
For small transactions just use PayPal which is not great, with Western Union being close to the worst exchange wise.

Reactions: Ponzie

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
wire transfer is the cheapest. Buy USD currency from Knightsbridge in Ottawa/Toronto, they deposit directly to your account and you send the wire after or they can send the wire for you, the latter you'll need to check with them.
For small transactions just use PayPal which is not great, with Western Union being close to the worst exchange wise.
Thanks but ther guy does'nt have a Paypal account anymore.
He just recieved the money and he will be shipping tomorrow and will get back to me with a tracking number, he keeps me updated so I'm quite confident now.
It's a small amount but something impossible to find now a days.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Here's what I bought, I finally received it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG