• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB High Speed Plastics

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
If you don't mind used ones I can check and see what I still have left from my restore. I was going to keep them as backups but I also have plastic protectors on my new ones.

So... if your need is great, I can probably part with them.

ShootAgain

Aug 6, 2013
Gatineau
Thanks Drano!

Used ones would probably even be better since the other ones are old..

The 2 small green pieces I have are not even original. They used a piece of lexan and painted on it..

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I'll look tonight.
The ones in your photos look like brand new repros. The holes haven't even been punched out yet and they appear to still have protective film on them. Why are you replacing them?

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
I'll look tonight.
The ones in your photos look like brand new repros. The holes haven't even been punched out yet and they appear to still have protective film on them. Why are you replacing them?
Hey Drano I just got that helicopter from Marco can you post a pictures as to where you put yours? There is also a really tall screw sticking way up at the ramp entrance rite behind the traffic light. I can't figure out what its there for? Helicopter? or someone put a screw there that did not belong? Would you mind posting a couple pictures? also on your plastic protectors I have thicker styrene plastic I can cut and paint and make my own protectors but I found that if you use a protector and the original plastic at some targets you cant get the top nut on and can mess with your target functions. I am guessing you made adjustments to all the little posts and made everything higher? to except protectors?

sorry for jumping in this thread just made me think of a few questions

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
So.. bad news.
I looked and looked...and then I remembered that I gave those plastics to a friend ages ago.
Sorry Rob. I could've saved myself a lot of time :(

Hey Drano I just got that helicopter from Marco can you post a pictures as to where you put yours? There is also a really tall screw sticking way up at the ramp entrance rite behind the traffic light. I can't figure out what its there for? Helicopter? or someone put a screw there that did not belong? Would you mind posting a couple pictures? also on your plastic protectors I have thicker styrene plastic I can cut and paint and make my own protectors but I found that if you use a protector and the original plastic at some targets you cant get the top nut on and can mess with your target functions. I am guessing you made adjustments to all the little posts and made everything higher? to except protectors?

sorry for jumping in this thread just made me think of a few questions

I did something different with my two helicopters from the CPR repro set.
I thought it would be cool to have them pointing down the out lanes. I even made a few stand-offs and used a longer screw to get them slightly elevated.

I don't have a great front-on photo on my PC right now, but here's a cropped shot showing the right one and a portion of the mirrored one on the other side.

I also had some trouble with one or two of the nuts with my plastic protectors. I somehow made it work though. some nylon nuts have lower profiles than others. I had a few of each so I just tried what worked.

HS_choppa.jpg

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
So.. bad news.
I looked and looked...and then I remembered that I gave those plastics to a friend ages ago.
Sorry Rob. I could've saved myself a lot of time :(

I did something different with my two helicopters from the CPR repro set.
I thought it would be cool to have them pointing down the out lanes. I even made a few stand-offs and used a longer screw to get them slightly elevated.

I don't have a great front-on photo on my PC right now, but here's a cropped shot showing the right one and a portion of the mirrored one on the other side.

I also had some trouble with one or two of the nuts with my plastic protectors. I somehow made it work though. some nylon nuts have lower profiles than others. I had a few of each so I just tried what worked.

View attachment 7481
Nice wow does your machine ever look clean can you tell me where I can get the image for your score and instruction cards so I can get my graphics lady to make those for me?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Nice wow does your machine ever look clean can you tell me where I can get the image for your score and instruction cards so I can get my graphics lady to make those for me?

Wish I had a graphics lady ;)

The machine was fully redone and that's also a CPR playfield. It's a thing of beauty.

The cards are available from aurium. He posts links to his custom designs here all the time. You should be able to find them here:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/pinballcards-com-custom-instruction-cards.2115/

Here's a better shot so you can see the helicopter plastics.

20161202_184141.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VA3AVP

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
Wish I had a graphics lady ;)

The machine was fully redone and that's also a CPR playfield. It's a thing of beauty.

The cards are available from aurium. He posts links to his custom designs here all the time. You should be able to find them here:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/pinballcards-com-custom-instruction-cards.2115/

Here's a better shot so you can see the helicopter plastics.

View attachment 7482
Wow beautiful - I think I will be doing the full LED kits one day that looks great playfield looks amazing CPR playfield will have to look that up. Thank You for the info that is probably the best looking HighSpeed I have ever seen in my life!!!

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
wait a minute here!!! what have you done with your traffic light it's different so the ball won't knock it apart ..lol

Where did you get that!!!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Thread officially hijacked :D

Here's a link to my projects blog.
I started working on HS and Scared Stiff together, hence the "HIGH SPEED STIFF" project log. It started earlier but this page has most of the good stuff... and the finals should be on the following page.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/th...d-often-long-winded-restorations.1932/page-13.

If you have more questions feel free to post them on my thread so Rob can go back to finding some plastics ;)

(don't forget to check out the clear ramp!)

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
If you're unwilling to buy a new set, there's a seller and well known Pinsider in Florida that's parting out a bunch of individual used HS plastics on eBay. I've dealt with him before and he's pretty reasonable.

I'm sure he'd offer a package price on the ones you need. I didn't see slings, but those are always readily available as a pair from a variety of sellers.

Hope that helps.

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
If you're unwilling to buy a new set, there's a seller and well known Pinsider in Florida that's parting out a bunch of individual used HS plastics on eBay. I've dealt with him before and he's pretty reasonable.

I'm sure he'd offer a package price on the ones you need. I didn't see slings, but those are always readily available as a pair from a variety of sellers.

Hope that helps.
I've been watching eBay my plastics are all pretty nice just the one along left lane way with the speed limit is damaged would love to find that. I would buy a new set eventually if available but everywhere I see that listed its not available. Sold out

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Oh wow! I had no idea these were no longer available.
I just take it for granted that, once something has been reproduced, there is a ton of stock... but I guess that isn't really the case.