• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Getting a skid to ship a pinball

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I know some have used sameday to ship pinball machines with success. I need to have the machine ready to go fully packed on a skid before they pick up but they don't provide the skid (or the packing materials). Where do I start with that? Standard size of 40" x 48" is correct?

Thanks.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Try a lumber store or any small contractor type business. Out my way they are usually placed at the side of the road for people to take (firewood and whatnot). If you feel footloose and fancy free, Walmart usually has piles of the heavy blue type outside, albeit they aren't supposed to be self serve......lol.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Check the internet for a roofing tile distributor in your area. I have one down the road from my work. They pile 10-20 pallets on the corner everyday for the public to take. Any industrial park should have stacks of them that they want rid of. My place of work gets stuck with 20-30 a year that I end up just tossing through a got junk company.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
Some Home Hardwares (like Weeks in Waterdown) give them away too. If you are taking a pinball to some shipper's terminals, then they will shrink-wrap your pre-packaged pinball to one of their pallets for you (or at least Maritime Ontario in Mississauga always has for me).