• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Free Pinball at Frist Cdn Place May 16th (Toronto)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Playdium is.

This chick contacted every person in the local community, myself included.

She was thinking about running a tournament which I thought would have been great, but oh well.

I won't be bothering attending, for one it's a weekday during the day and number two I leave for Germany the next day.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Still for the hobby .. Playdium is going to have to pull machines from alot of locations to get to 100. I presume this will set a record for the most DMD pins in one location in Canada (lots of shows in the states have more but still pretty cool) .. I'm sure a bunch of folk from the downtown core or who work downtown will wander by.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Depends on how this is done, from my communication with the organizer and from talking with other people who have dealt with her as well this could end up being a clusterfuck.

It will be good for the hobby if the games work well and everyone has fun.

It will be bad if half the games are busted and not working and there is no real organization to the event other then a bunch of pinballs in a building.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Vengeance said:
Depends on how this is done, from my communication with the organizer and from talking with other people who have dealt with her as well this could end up being a clusterfuck.

It will be good for the hobby if the games work well and everyone has fun.

It will be bad if half the games are busted and not working and there is no real organization to the event other then a bunch of pinballs in a building.

I haven't dealt with her so I'll take your word on it ... but it is exposure for pinball in the market with that many machines I don't see availablity being a problem except for the 12-2 lunch rush.

i don't think the lack of a tourney matters as it is promo for the play pinball is a backdrop (mind you a fairly important one given the number of machines involved)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I know a guy who actually sold his DE Tommy to the production company for the play. I guess it's going to be used on stage?