• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FF accessories

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Crazy expensive only. I mean seriously. 1 servo and a bunch of plastics and blinky lights and it costs 2kUSD. Spooky and Bof do more interactive toppers for less than half the price. Stern is run by a Disney bean counter. Maximize profit in the short term. Fuck having a vision or building brand loyalty with all the new pinheads that have started collecting in the past few years.

The other option is that Stern hates having to make and sell these accessories. Priced so high only the most die hard collectors will buy. I’m sure there’s a mathematical/financial point where they make as much profit selling a few with massive profit as they would selling hundreds/thousands with a smaller profit margin.

Last edited:
Reactions: dos.reboot

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I might end up getting the expression lights if distro price is reasonable. I like them on the LE, and it's something you see more than the topper. I finally saw the BKSOR topper at Maple, and it's really cool, but hard to pay attention to if you're playing. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does, but from the short video clip, it looks like it's only one axis of movement and some lights? Might be more useful on location to pull new people in, or in cases where you have a lot of people watching and waiting to play. It was nice finally being able to see what the CC topper did at Nick's place last night for TOPL (although I still haven't seen the special mode for it).

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Paid $1700 US for Rush but only because it was Rush - YOLO. Will never likely buy anything like that again.

I was shocked that GZ was not $2000.

I love this topper, it's amazing. Hard to swallow over $3000 CAD with tax though, wow.

Reactions: Chambahz

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I might end up getting the expression lights if distro price is reasonable. I like them on the LE, and it's something you see more than the topper. I finally saw the BKSOR topper at Maple, and it's really cool, but hard to pay attention to if you're playing. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does, but from the short video clip, it looks like it's only one axis of movement and some lights? Might be more useful on location to pull new people in, or in cases where you have a lot of people watching and waiting to play. It was nice finally being able to see what the CC topper did at Nick's place last night for TOPL (although I still haven't seen the special mode for it).
ELs are a must - $500 is not too crazy either. If you have a FF, definitely get them.

Reactions: ZoomZoomBoomBoom

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I just checked out the video, pretty cool! I like the Rush topper and how it tracks your albums for you, don't think that is anywhere on the playfield so it's handy... not that I'll ever remember the shots I need to collect the albums I'm missing. Not familiar enough with FF to know whether having the band member faces on the topper is helpful, seems like those may already be on the playfield. The moving and "talking" head looks cool to me. If $3K doesn't make you flinch then have at'er, topper prices are what they are. Prices will come down when people stop buying them but until then I'm happy to play games that have them.

Reactions: kool1

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So there's a new multiball that is tied to all the band member combos, but you can play it with or without the topper. The topper lets you carry over progress, but it's not gated content. I don't think those combos have inserts, although I'm assuming they're in the status report like on JP.

Tried out the new code, and it's definitely got more audio. The foobot callouts you get from the topper are all there in the game, they just don't activate the robot head on top of the game to light up and turn.

Reactions: roar and dos.reboot

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've posted this before but here is my FF topper I made for like $20 back when I first bought the game. I can make it interactive for another $10 by adding this 12V light control switch from pinballleds.ca otherwise it just stays on when game turns on.

Eddie's also got some other neat controllers like this one here which is a bit pricey but the options are limitless here to add interactivity with mod lighting.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-14 at 9.07.41 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-14 at 9.07.41 AM.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 15

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I'm a sucker - Im in for the topper, armour and lights. already have a sweet shooter I like, but if I didnt, the stern one is a nice option. Agree with everyone, pricing is nuts. But, going back to my first three words, I cant have one naked game in my line up.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Toppers are crazy money but if you have a smaller collection especially, I think it allows you fully enjoy what you have. The full experience so to speak.

If you are a big FF fan, I think you go for it.