• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

DIY EM Scoreboard

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I'm not sure how many EM guys are left on the boards, but I thought I'd share my latest project, which is Martha Stewart-approved, I'm sure. I was inspired to put together an EM scoreboard by Drano, who has his high scores listed on a chalkboard near his machines. China markers (aka grease pencils) on the backglass are the historical way of keeping score but I wanted something that could act as a bit of a conversation piece.

I got a large 16x20 dry-erase/magnetic board from Michaels (with coupon, naturally). I printed out sheets of numbers on matte photo paper that mimicked the Gottlieb score reel font and cut them out individually. I did some photo editing of flyers to make the art for the game title placards, and used the alternate game fonts where I could, just to add a bit of flare (in this day and age it would be a branding no-no to have two different style fonts for the title, but it is something the pinball industry did with regularity). I cut some blank initial cards, in case visitors stop by and crush my meager high scores. Everything has an individual magnet affixed to the back to shuffle things around with ease. I suppose the only problem is, I don't have very much room to add more games to the board!

Anyone else have an EM scoreboard in their gameroom?

00-EMnumbers 5884558885.jpg

Reactions: CJBob and Menace

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I guess this idea beats scribing your score with initials into the side of the games cabinet... especially on ones you've freshly restored!

D

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I would like to come play spanish eyes. Even to have a very short lived glory. Im confident I can beat that score.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
That's pretty cool, I was actually thinking of a coke sign like old style diners, maybe I'll make this my Christmas wish item.

69af53b882dc7bc138d6976f64c31577.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Both great ideas and your custom made board looks great Rob. I can't wait to pop by next time as your EM line up has taken a 180 with all these new additions since last April.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I looked on eBay and kijiji for an old Coke/Pepsi menu sign, too! Ideally, a the menu would have a beer advertisement. I actually found a vintage NOS Miller Lite one I liked, but it broke the bank, nearing $100US. This DIY one fits my décor a bit more.

Oh, and the reason Spanish Eyes is at zeros, is that I'm currently bringing it back to a playable state...its not done quite yet! Close though.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I just use a little whiteboard to track scores of family and friends. I keep everyones best scores on the board ranked in order. This way when they come over they can try to move up the ranks or just best their own scores.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I like the home made sign, that looks great and fits with the em theme. I also thought about a menu board but it's hard to find a nice one for a good price. I ended up getting a led ticker strip, but it's a pain in the ass to change.

I like this a lot and might steal the idea in the future if I get some older games.