• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND Deadpool Premium or LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I saw DP listed as in production still.
You may want to consider NiB.
This title does not come up often, or near often enough within the border.
Top of many a wish list (including my wife).
With the wait on new you will have some time for a quick flip, overtime, etc to make some bank.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Ya I have been looking for a long time now, they don't come up unless they come up at over new asking price. AKA covid crazy pricing which is coming to an end now that things are opening up and should fall apart once we can go to the USA again. High prices will slowing linger to reasonable pricing as the games don't sell. Example recent Avengers IQ LE overpriced, seller took back down from sale and before that an AIQ Premium that hung around until the price dropped under new cost and then finally sold. Which is only reasonable as why is a relatively new pinball worth more than new one after it has already been enjoyed and played for 500+ games.

You are best just ordering a new one which is prefect and un-played and undamaged (even if the damages are minor like dimples, and scuffs), but get in line bc I got one on order already too.

KelleyG

Oct 13, 2016
Caledon
Ya I have been looking for a long time now, they don't come up unless they come up at over new asking price. AKA covid crazy pricing which is coming to an end now that things are opening up and should fall apart once we can go to the USA again. High prices will slowing linger to reasonable pricing as the games don't sell. Example recent Avengers IQ LE overpriced, seller took back down from sale and before that an AIQ Premium that hung around until the price dropped under new cost and then finally sold. Which is only reasonable as why is a relatively new pinball worth more than new one after it has already been enjoyed and played for 500+ games.

You are best just ordering a new one which is prefect and un-played and undamaged (even if the damages are minor like dimples, and scuffs), but get in line bc I got one on order already too.
Did you order from Player One or Nitro?

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Nitro won't sell you a Stern in Ontario. So P1A is your best option. If you are more desperate the pinball resellers in Kingston also have one for sale. I see it on Kijiji every so often, so I'm guessing it's pricey being it's not sold.

Reactions: KelleyG

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Ya I looked at a few games quite a while back and realized he was in dream land, but I'm guessing he sells to the USA on the dollar exchange or he has a massive collection by now. No deals there I am positive of that. Hence I do t even both inquiring anymore if I see something of interest.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON

Though I agree being impatient on a machine that's in production still isn't the greatest idea... I don't agree with the "covid crazy pricing coming to an end". Prices have been on the rise for a long time, covid just bumped them up a bit more. Being able to go the US isn't going to make anything fall apart, supply over there isn't exactly hoppin either.

As for dimples being damage? Unless you plan to buy a machine and just stare at it forever... it's going to have some dimples shortly after you get it. It's not "damage".

The Kingston dude... I have my doubts that he even has the machines he advertises. If he manages to sucker in someone without a single clue to spare, he'll find a machine quickly to make a lot of cash.

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
Ya perhaps you are right. The hobby is on the rise, and I think we are leaps ahead of where the hobby was 5 years ago. Just look at the manufacturers catering to us making LE games and CE games now. That was unheard of not that long ago along with remakes etc.. One thing we all need to worry about though is with the rise in prices brings the eyes and attention of the manufacturers. Why would then sell us pinballs at $9000 for an LE when people are reselling them for $10k-$11k. They would rather have that profit from their games themselves and will simply raise the prices in the future because that is what the market will bare. So be cautious, because it will bite us all in the end.

With regards to the dimples and scuff, not saying that wont happen through regular play, but its always nice to start fresh and be the one putting those wear marks into the game. One could always take measures to reduce that by installing Mylar and PF protectors if one wanted as well to help preseve the original condition and beauty.

The world is still messed up right now with supply and demand issues (ie. 1 years vehicles selling for more than new one's in the USA.....thats un-heard of) but supply lines are a mess out there. As such this also comes down to the pinballs, the supplies are low and P1A cant get what they normally can so hence the prices rise from those that have them and see an opportunity. This will correct itself as I am sure Stern and others want to pump them out of their factories to bolster their bottom lines as well. And as they do demand and price will drop and supply will rise. Simple economics 101.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
As far as I know, Stern is at full capacity. As is JJP. And they've been making LE's and CE's for longer than 5 years. :). Gotta go back further than that.

Hell, in 2018 a Twilight Zone sold for $10500 that I was going to bid on, and bailed when it went so high. Player 1 can't get what they normally get because even more people have interest in machines. Question really is, will the various pinball companies take the risk and expand their production capacity? That's a big capital expense for them... and it MIGHT slow down and they'll end up with capacity they don't need. Or... more and more people will want machines and they'll fall further behind and we won't be able to get the machines we want!

Reactions: MoPin

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
All good points. The hobby is definitely on the rise in my opinion as well. And yes some LE existing before 5 years ago, but there was also a point not that long ago (more than 5 years of course) where the there was only one pin model per game, and then they started with the standard and an LE version and eventually the Premium became the new evolution to make a happy in between. Now we get all 3 models off the bat, and CE's and Royal Editions because there are opportunities for the manufacturers to make additional profits at low risk.

There next opportunity to make profits is to simply raise pricing as they see what is going on out there and there is little risk in doing so. Jerry at P1A definitely sees it as per conversations we have had while picking up games. So I am certain the distributors report that back to Stern and others of what the markets are doing and then its up to them to determine what the market will bare. LE prices are already on the rise over the past years, but games are also getting much more complicated in form and code to enhance the play.

Like any business, the demand has to rise in order to justify investments in the facilities and risks occur for both the up and down sides. Recessions certainly hurt the pinball industry the same as others and lock downs in our homes certainly will help them.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Prices are already on the rise. Look at the JJP's. And the Stern toppers (Avengers being a grand USD!) It'll certainly be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Reactions: MoPin

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Good conversation here.
I feel like this could be a really good "Supply and Demand" economics study for a student...

What will be interesting is to see if the companies simply move toward expanding capacity in production (i.e. Supply) or if they look at alternate (or recurring) revenue streams.
I know people shudder when they consider paying for "downloadable content" (DLC) but as pinball machines get connected to WiFi natively, I have to think manufacturers are considering those add on sales as a potential new revenue stream for the machines they are already building.

Look at how some toppers now "unlock" a mode that you can otherwise not access... I think that may be a dip of their toe in the waters...

Regardless, I hope @KelleyG finds his Deadpool premium or LE!
It's a pretty awesome game.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Yeah, GL on the search (mines not going anywhere!).

As for DLC... I won't buy a machine with DLC unless it's adding something very big. DLC is a major scourge on the video game industry already.

Reactions: Ponzie

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA

:rolleyes:

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
When I got my pins I asked about DP LE.
Jerry said there was none.
2 weeks later he had one. (In Texas)
You may have to check on once or twice.
If he knows you are serious, he can tap the US locations to get one.

Reactions: KelleyG and Ponzie
Status
Not open for further replies.