• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Data East Tales From The Crypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Up for sale is my nice Data East Tales From The Crypt. This is a really clean example as evidenced by the photos.

Pin is available for pickup at this weekend's Ottawa Pinball Show.

New ROMs have been installed which balances the code and unlocks sounds/animations that were not available on previous code versions (support ChadH @ http://www.pinballcode.com).

I'll try to run down as much as I can here, but have a look at the photo albums below and let me know if you have any questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Good:

-Really nice playfield. Beautiful ramps, wireforms, drops, stand ups, spinners. Everything is clean.

-Plays great. Nice snappy flippers.

-Plastics are in nice shape unless otherwise shown in the album. I've never seen a TFTC with the Cryptkeeper 'fingers' still on the flippers. CPR did a set here, so one may have been installed by a previous owner.

-Cabinet is unfaded and clean, both inside and out.

-Comes with shaker motor

-Incandescent bulbs not LEDs (this is a plus to me!)

-New ROMS installed with old versions included

-Goodies including photocopied manual, coin box, key plastics

-"Aftermarket" Cryptkeeper topper and box

Things to note:

-No door handle plunger, button only. Door handle is unobtanium and this is common to see on TFTC.

-Wear on mode start scoop. Also a common issue. A cliffy can be applied but I would suggest fixing up the hole first because applying a cliffy can cause even more wear. I opted not to do this as the cliffy makes this shot very hard, but some people enjoy being punished so to each their own!

-Intermittent line flicker in DMD (reseating the ribbon cables fixed but it still shows up once in awhile - see pics here )

-Could use the DE ball trough fix as noted in the Pinside thread below. See this problem on DEs whereby the pin loses track of how many balls are on the playfield. Typically during those crazy 6-ball multiballs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

-Line of bulbs currently out in upper backbox

-Previous owner cut the ground from power cord

--------------------------------------------------------------

Asking $4450 CAD or $3600 USD - PM or send me an email via adam_montgomery AT hotmail.com

As noted, the pin is available for pickup at this weekend's Ottawa Pinball Show.

Jm9f4HT.jpg

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
click the IMGUR link in top left corner of each album - PBREV wants to embed and they don't seem to be showing up properly

Status
Not open for further replies.